𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

𝙽𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛
𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻//𝟷𝟸:𝟷𝟹𝙿𝙼
____________________

"You too sir, have a nice day." I smiled and said to the man as he exited the diner and I wiped the counter top.

"Nyla, take table two."

I quickly finished wiping the counter top before going to the back and putting the towel in its place.

I washed my hands and dried them on my apron, digging inside and pulling out my notepad and my pen before stepping out from the back and walking over to table two, ready to take their orders.

"Hello, welcome to Michelle's." I smiled at the two boys and two girls that looked around my age. " I'm your waitress, Nyla, can I start y'all off with some drinks?"

After taking their orders, I told them their food would be ready shortly and I'll be right back with their drinks beverages.

Going to the kitchen, I handed the chef their orders before grabbing four cups and filling them with the drinks they asked for.

I set all four drinks on a tray and carefully exited the kitchen part of the small diner.

As I made my way towards their table, I caught a glimpse of a car riding past and the sunlight hitting their windows nearly blinded me, causing a vision to come to mind as I entered a dreamlike state.

"Keonte I-"

"I'm sorry, Nyla." He rubbed his head just sighing, avoiding eye contact with me. "You shouldn't be with a nigga like me you deserve better and I want you to have that."

Tears rolled down my cheeks and he tried to wipe them but I moved away from him out of embarrassment, "I get it."

I stood up wiping my face and making my way to the front door, "I'll go."

"Don't be like that man, I'm just not focused on a relationship right now, I love you but-"

"I know." I let out a deep sigh. "All you care about is money."

The sound of glass hitting the floor and the feel of cool liquids splashing on my body snapped me back into reality as I stood there embarrassed as hell causing the restaurant to fall silent and everybody looked at me with a series of expressions of their faces.

James jogged over to me holding paper towels before handing them to me, "here."

"Thanks." I mumbled patting myself dry and picking up the cups along with the tray.

I walked over to table two and apologized as another one of my coworkers came up to me, "boss wanna see you in the back Nyla."

Damn.

As soon as I pushed the door open to walk into the kitchen, I saw my boss standing on the other side of the door looking pissed, "What the hell was that out there?"

"An accident."

"Nothing was on the ground that could've cause it so how did you manage to drop all four drinks?"

"I don't know I just-"

"Do I need to send you home?"