𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷6

𝙽𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟿// 𝟹:𝟻𝟹 𝙿𝙼
__

"Aye Nyla," my coworker James said walking over to me as I wiped down empty tables, "boss said if you don't got no customers then come to the back for a meeting."

"Alright," I sighed moving the salt and pepper shakers back to the middle of the table, "I'm coming."

He went behind the island going to the back with me behind him. My stomach made noises of hunger as we manuevered through the kitchen, nodding hello to the cooks before walking into the small meeting room.

I walked in nervously finding a place to sit alongside my few co-workers as my boss cleared his throat and began the meeting, "hey everybody, I'm pretty sure y'all wondering why I called this meeting."

"Of course we are and you seem tense so I'm already knowing somebody finna get fired," Sandra said before boldly turning to me, "bye Nyla, it was nice working with you but you're dismissed."

My face instantly went into a mug, "bitch fuck you, I buss my ass and work harder than any mufucka in here, if anybody getting fired it's you."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"Exactly what the fuck I just said."

"Here we go," Sy'aire mumbled sighing, "Sandra just leave the girl alone damn, the hell you hating for?"

"Because she don't do shit around here but fuck up," she said plainly, "her weird ass always daydreaming, zoning out, or wasting some shit. She the reason we barely got customers don't nobody wanna take food from a weird ass waitress."

My boss sighed as I removed my scrunchy from my wrist and started putting my hair in a ponytail, "ladies-"

"You can say shit all day but one thing you not finna do is talk about my work ethic because everybody in this bitch know Nyla play her part and carry this shitty ass diner on her shoulders so with that being said, I clock out in an hour but we can go outside right now and I can show you how hard these hands really work."

"Nyla!" My boss snapped, pounding his fist on the table, "you can not threaten your coworkers, this is a workplace!"

"Now I know damn well you heard everything Sandra bald headed ass just said about her," James smacked his lips, "Nyla the only one who still come in on her off days and she barely call off, tell me I'm lying."

"But she clearly just threatened me-"

"Cause you steady talking shit like I'm not gon say something and I can make good on that threat, just say the word."

"Nyla I don't know what has gotten into you but this won't be tolerated, do you need to be sent home?"

"Ain't shit 'gOtTen InTo Me', I'm sick of this shit," I snatched my apron off along with my nametag and threw them both, "y'all feel as if because I'm the youngest one here that I'm automatically a bad worker or I'm unreliable when that's the furthest thing from the truth and I've done nothing but prove that since day one."

"I been working in this bitch almost 2 years now and I've never called off, I come in on off days, I stay late, and I buss my ass in here everyday and I still haven't gotten a raise but it's fine cause the shit stops today, I swear it does."

"Let's be real Nyla," he cleared his throat, "you've been having weird 'accidents' nearly for the past 2 months, you zone out on customers orders and when you finally come to, they're already ready to go eat somewhere else; this meeting was initially about promoting the diner and getting it's name out there but in order to do that, we need to address the reason why we've been losing customers in the first place."