𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷3

𝙽𝚢𝚕𝚊 𝙰𝚛𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚒 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚎𝚛
𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻, 𝟷:𝟹𝟸 𝙿𝙼
____________

"Bestfriend where you at?" Mia frowned as soon as I answered her FaceTime call, "it's going on two o'clock, you should've been here."

"Girl you know I'm at work, I told you I'll be there once I get off after I leave my momma house."

"I know but on Christmas? I keep telling you money always gone be around but we won't be, I get you need the money but you wasting yo life being at that diner everyday."

"Yes on Christmas and I clock out in an hour Mia stop complaining, I understand what you saying but you never had to struggle like I did and I'm doing everything I can to make sure those days stay in the past now excuse me, I have to go."

I hung up the phone and tightened my apron around my waist hearing the bell ding indicating a customer just walked in. I dropped my phone in my apron after making sure it was silent before pulling out my pen and notepad.

I still haven't told Mia about my side hustle and dealings with Hezo and it's not even the fact that I sworn to confidentiality, I just don't feel like hearing her lecturing me or judging me for what I do.

She knows about everything with Keonte and even though she understands why I'm deciding to leave him alone, she's still on his side of things; she wants me to give us a chance.

No ❤️

I brought my hands to my hair tightening my ponytail and taking a breath before walking out from the back and going to the dining area to greet the lonely customer.

—————

"Who is that coming through my door like they live here?"

I opened the door sitting my bags of wrapped presents on the floor in front of me while I slid out my boots and my cousins ran up to me smiling, "Nyla!"

"Hey y'all," I smiled removing my coat and hanging it in the closet before hugging them back, "Merry Christmas, I miss y'all."

"Issa stick up!" Quan yelled coming from the back of the house waving a NERF gun around, "I been good this year Nyla a PS5 better be in that bag."

"It's not, red heart."

"I hate it here."

"All those presents for us?" Kylah cheesed a toothless smile watching me closely as I picked up the bags and carried them to the bare tree, placing the wrapped present under it.

We celebrate the important holidays at my house because my aunty said this is the home that's most broken so it's the one that needs the most love. They usually bring decorations but I guess this year was financially tough for them too.

"Yes ma'am they are as long as you been good this year."

"I was."

"I wasn't," her sister Lanasia said plainly flopping on the couch, "I had a dream Santa put shit in my stocking."

Lmao i

"Y'all some bad ass kids," I laughed shaking my head as I stood up and Quan dropped his jaw.

"So you ain't gone say nothing about her cussing?" he smacked his lips, "jail."