01

it was exactly 9:30PM when they started walking to go to the takoyaki shop. it's not that late, and the store don't close until 10PM, and the store isn't that far away from them.

they were walking silently, side by side. it's not that kind of awkward silence but the comfortable one, that only the presence of each other could make them feel better.

both of them are contemplating on what they will say, thinking of a topic that will not dry out easily when they start talking. cheol was in deep thinking when chan started to talk, making him get back to his senses.

so, how's life? how are you?” the younger asked, his gaze is focused on the road they're walking in, not shifting it to the older.

cheol just thought about it, six months, it's been six months since they last talked, since they saw each other, and it's funny to think that their last meeting was eating takoyaki, just the two of them. yes, they usually go there with their friends.

nothing new, chan, still the same” he simply replied, and chan was right, their conversation ended there. well, atleast they already arrived at the store, no one is there, just the two of them, simply because it's late, and the store is located in an alley, streetlight are dim, and the only lighting here is the one from the store.

the owner immediately recognizes the two, they smiled at her, making the owner smiled back at them.

“its been so long since you come back here” the owner said while she prepared the pan where she will cook the takoyaki. the two of them glance at each other and smiled.

“we've just become busy ajumma” cheol replied, the owner just hummed and smiled. they were just about to tell their others but the owner cut them off by saying that she already knows it, spicy one for cheol and not spicy for chan. their hearts feel warm and soft when the owner said that, making them feel special.

they went over the chairs and took one each. and again, their surrounding was filled by silence. cheol then decided to talk, making sure that it won't die down again.

what did make you go out at this hour?” cheol asked curiously, it's rare for chan to ask to go out this late night, usually it's cheol who makes intiative or make an invite to the younger.

same old shit, hyung” chan let out a heavy sigh, shoulders slouching, he's really tired, and going out makes him forget about those stuffs for a bit.

did you just use the h-card to me huh” cheol made a tsk sound, that made chan realized what he just said. cheol may be older than him but when they became close, cheol doesn't want someone to refer to him as hyung, especially with his friends, he said that it's making him older, (which is true though).

chan turned to him and grabbed the other's biceps with both of his hands, wiggling it while trying to sound cute.

aw my cheollie is angry~”

cheollie~” he said making it a little more cuter, but it's no use.

“yah~ i just forogot about it” chan then pouted and it sure be working since cheol is trying to hide his face from smiling and turning red.

HAH! GOTCHU” chan blurted out, almost shouting, the owner just laugh it off, already used to the two. they are one of the usual there that's why the owner know the very well, they stay there almost everyday, but the owner knows something's off.