Chapter 38

Luke's POV

It was my fault. Because of me, the camp was being overrun by Kronos's army. The stables and a few of the cabins were on fire. I noticed Percy getting some pegasi away from the smoking buildings.

Quickly I turned my attention back to the battle. Demigods kept falling and more monsters appeared in their place. There was no way we could win and it was all my fault. 

I saw the other soldiers spreading out. Together we made a small dent in the size of the enemies army. Even Percy couldn't destroy them all when he joined. I found myself beside Rebekah and Aaron.

"We can't keep this up forever," Aaron said. Oh great, there's a chance we could all be dead by sundown, pass the chips please.

"There has to be a way. Last time, Luke managed to kill Kronos when he was in his body. Maybe we can," Rebekah trailed off.

"Do you think you could do it?" Aaron asked. 

"Maybe, I've never tried," Rebekah said looking around nervously.

"Tried what?" I asked. I was beyond confused. What did Rebekah think she could do that would stop Kronos that she hadn't ever tried before? I couldn't let her do anything dangerous. If it didn't work, no, I don't want to think about that.

Rebekah and Aaron shared a look. Hesitantly Rebekah explained," I think I might be able to control him if I'm close enough. I've never tried it though."

"Try it on me then," I volunteer.

"No," Rebekah's answer came with the sound of someone's head falling off. I blocked another sword from getting Rebekah's shoulder. 

"Maybe you should get your bow out. Your better at that then with a sword," Logan suggested as he and a monster came by.

"Yes," I insisted," I'm the reason Kronos is attacking us. You can test it on me."

"Fine," She said too busy killing a couple monsters to argue.

I waited. Rebekah concentrated while Aaron and I blocked any attacks at her. Suddenly I had a very strong urge to stab Aaron. He blocks my strike, thankfully, and we both look at Rebekah. She was  watching us in amazement.

" I did it?" she asked before breaking into a wide smile.

"Great! Now you need to get into Kronos's mind," Aaron shouted as he sliced a cyclops.

"How will I get close to him?" She yelled over the sound of the battle.

"We'll help you!" Percy shouted as he struck down an Dracaenae before running towards us. 

We started heading towards Kronos, who was fighting random demigods. I was suprised that Percy wasn't over there. As we got closer I saw that Logan was one of them. I was impressed. Kronos had been like a dad to him and now he was ready to fight the guy. He fell back as another kid attacked, one of Ares's kids I think, and headed towards us.

"What are you doing?" He asked as he got closer.

"I know how to stop Kronos," Rebekah said as she dodged an arrow.

"We need help though. Think you could help us distract Kronos while she does whatever it is she's doing?" Percy asked. 

"You don't know what she is going to do and yet you are going to let her do it?" Logan almost shreiked.

"I trust her," Percy said with a sideways look at Rebekah.

She smiled before explaining for Logan," I think I can control his mind, But I need your help."

Logan reluctantly agreed. It seemed as if he agreed to almost everthing for his little sister.

As Rebekah concentrated the four of us spread out. Logan, Aaron, and Percy distracted Kronos and most of the monsters around us while I protected Rebekah from the rest.

Suddenly a look of confusion passed across Kronos's face before he opened his mouth and shouted out over the battle field," Retreat, everyone except for demigods, Retreat!" 

The monsters started to do what he said. In the confusion that followed the campers knocked the demigods unconscious. Hopefully we could convince them to come back to camp when they wake up. 

What I saw next was even more astonishing. Kronos raised his scythe and started hacking himself into pieces. Soon, all that was left of him was a few million pieces. A crack in the earth appeared and as everyone ran away from it, the pieces fell in. My guess is that Kronos is now back in Tartarus, angry at being defeated again.

The next hour was a blur. Half the demigods carried the wounded to the infermery, and the other half gathered up the dead. The demigods that had joined Kronos and been knocked out where put in a different room then the campers. Chiron hoped to convince them to come back to camp and thought it better to keep them seperate.

Thankfully there weren't too many deaths. There was a girl from the Ares cabin, a couple from the Aprodite cabin, and another from the Hermes.

After the wounded and dead were taken care of, everyone started coming up with theories about how Kronos was stopped.

At the camp fire Chiron got up to address us, he had left one of the Apollo campers to keep an eye on the kids. He looked straight at Rebekah as soon as he stood up, "I'm assuming someone here knows what happened today," He said, more of a statment than a question.

"Dear, would you care to explain?" He asked gesturing to Rebekah.

I could tell she didn't want to, but she decided to get up anyways. She took the microphone out of Chiron's hand and started to explain. 

Apparently, when she turned 18 she received a new ability as a goddess, she could control people's minds. Remind me never to get her mad, her revenge probably won't be fun. Kronos had known this as well and knew that her 18th birthday was the last chance for him to attack camp if she wasn't on his side. He didn't think she could control the power so soon after getting it, and he was somewhat right. Her control on it was weak, she could only control someone when they were only a few feet away, but soon she will be able to control the mind of someone across the world.

The campers just stared in shock when she finished. I remembered that most of them didn't even know she was a goddess, or the fact that Kronos had tried to use her.

After the campfire it dawned on me, It was her birthday and I had nothing for her. I pulled someting out of my pocket and held it out for her when she walked over to me. I said," Happy Birthday!"

She laughed," Thanks for the comb, but you can keep it. Kronos's defeat is a good enough present."

I sighed relieved," Good, that was my favorite comb."

She just rolled her eyes.

"I'm still going to give you a gift though," I said as I pulled her in for a kiss.

"Break it up you two," Aaron scolded when he and Logan passed by.

"Goodnight Luke, I'll see you in the morning," She smiled as she kissed me goodbye and went with her brothers. I heard something that sounded like an argument. Looks like instead of impressing the dad I'm going to have to impress the brothers. 

As I walked back to my cabin I smiled. Kronos was defeated. Maybe, I could have my chance at happily ever after. I still don't like the gods, except for Chaos, but if I stay in the Chaos army I hopefully won't have to deal with them. 

 Maybe sometimes, ex-villians can get their happy endings after all.

 Sorry for not updating for so long. Hope I did the battle scene okay. If you have any suggestions don't be afraid to comment. This chapter might be edited a little over the next week. So somethings might change. 

Hope you had a great Valentines and ate lots of chocolate, or other candy if you don't like chocolate. Hope you have a great Mardi Gras tomorrow !

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!

Tivia: What state is known as the land beyond the gods?