Chapter 2

Flashback

  At the beginning of the summer, a kid had come running into camp. I had been assigned to guard the fleece, so when the boy came running with a cyclops chasing him I pulled out riptide and cut him down. (the cyclops not the boy)

        I brought the boy to see Chiron and learned his name was Aaron. Later that day he was claimed as a son of Poseidon, and I was psyched. I have always wanted a brother, Tyson was great but I wanted a mortal brother.

        We became good friends, but weird stuff began to happen. Items kept disappearing and someone kept pointing the blame to me. For awhile my friends believed me, then someone broke Grover's pipes. Long story short, after a month my only friends were Annabeth, Frank, Nico, Piper, Thalia, Hazel, Aaron, and Clarisse.

        One day I walked into the Demeter cabin to inspect it. I found my brother in there poisoning the flowers. After that he hasn't been, well, nice. I tried to tell my friends, but only Nico, Thalia, Clarisse, and Annabeth believed me.

        I finally got to camp after an hour. As I walked to the beach I heard cheering. First I saw my dad, wait, Poseidon, he was no longer my dad, what I saw next made me freeze.

Annabeth's POV

        I couldn't believe it. Chiron had called me and Piper to the big house. We didn't think much of it at the time, but the news was too much. Percy, PERCY, had killed my dad? Why would he do that? He also killed Piper's dad. This didn't make sense. Why would my boyfriend kill my dad?

        Even now, a few hours later, I couldn't comprehend it. Thankfully Aaron was a great friend. I know Percy didn't like him, but he doesn't see what I see.

        All of a sudden Poseidon appeared out of the ocean. "Hello campers, I am here with an important announcement," He said to the crowd staring at him.

        "The hero known as Percy Jackson is not who you think he is. He is a traitor. This day and on, Percy is no longer my son." He then gestured to Aaron," Aaron is my only, and favorite son.

Thalia's POV

       After Poseidon's announcement, the crowd erupted into cheers. I couldn't believe it. Percy a traitor! His fatal flaw is loyalty! Then things got worse, Aaron pulled Annabeth close and kissed her. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Percy approaching.

        "Now the rivalry between Athena and Poseidon ends with these two!" Poseidon cried as the crowd cheered.

        Percy slowly walked into the main circle and everyone froze. "Why?" He asked Annabeth before throwing a box at her and running to his cabin.

        The box narrowly missed Annabeth's head and landed open behind her. Inside was a beautiful ring, I was probably not the only one to gasp.

        Poseidon started to Percy's cabin, and I didn't want to know what he was going to do to Percy. Quickly I pulled my bow out and shot an arrow at him. Then while everyone was trying to find who did it I ran to Percy's cabin.

Trivia: In what book does Thalia first appear? (What book she appears in, not when she is first mentioned.)