Chapter 5

Annabeth's POV

        It has been 10 years since Percy killed my dad. Since I had no reason to leave camp, I had stayed. Aaron was such a good friend after I heard the news. We eventually started going out. Without him I would have gone crazy. After Percy left the rest of the seven started to hate me. Now my only friends were Aaron, Drew, and a few Nymphs. Even Aaron's sister Rebekah hated me. She wasn't even there when Percy left, but she blames us.

        "Annabeth?" I was called out of my mind by Piper." Any ideas what it could be?" You could hear the hatred in her voice.

       Lately their had been attacks on every camper outside of camp and even in dreams. Everyone says that it starts with someone asking them to join them then if its a monster and you refuse they kill you. If it's a dream the man tortures you with scenes of the camp and your home in ruins. I would know, I have the dream often. I see the camp, my old home, and Olympus, my designs, all destroyed. The counselors had gathered to try to figure out a solution. It was so dangerous no camper could survive for long outside of camp.

        "Who all hates the gods? That would be a good start," I suggested seeing the looks everyone shared.

        "It can't be Gaia, Leo made that impossible." Jason crossed one enemy off the list.

        "Could it be..." Piper asked hesitantly not wanting to say his name.

        "He wouldn't be powerful enough," I said not wanting to think about him. Percy couldn't do this. He wouldn't, It would just get him killed, " It has to be as powerful as a god, or older." 

        We all looked at the two gods in attendance. Mr. D and the new camper, Hanna, daughter of Hestia.  No one knows who her father is but he must have been a god. 

        "It could be, No. He's gone, unless someone has come back." Mr. D muttered to himself.

        "Could be what?" We all shouted.

      Chiron sighed," If a mortal possessed by a god comes back to life after the god was killed. It helps the god gain enough power to rise."

        "But no one can come back from the dead, and if they did Hades wouldn't let someone like that out, Would he?" Julie from the Demeter cabin asked.

        "He could have made a deal, or someone else could be powerful enough, which leads us back to Peter Johnson." Mr. D said.

        "So we are no closer than when we started?" Kylie from Hermes cabin asked.

        "I'll bring it up at the solstice next week. now get back to your activities," Mr. D closed the meeting.

Rebekah's POV

        Hanna and I walked to the beach after lunch. Here she would tell me about my brother. Percy had been a friend of Hanna's mother so she knew a few stories from her mom. I wish I could have met him. I can't believe Aaron did all that to Percy, He must have killed Annabeth and Piper's dad's too before blaming Percy.

        "What story do you want to hear today? Though I bet you know them all by now." Hanna asked.

         "The story of when he defeated Kronos,"  for some reason it was my favorite.

          "OK, then you owe me some time with the fish," she said as she began. We had this deal she told me stories of my brother and I would show her the ocean world. She never ceased to be fascinated by the life under water and I never stopped loving the stories she told.

 Trivia: Who is Rebekah's Father?