Chapter 23

Steve was sitting with Natasha, Sam, Maria, and Nick. They were coming up with a plan, but all Steve was worried about was Claire. Sam, Natasha, and Maria had to deal with him freaking out, in the van, about Claire. Natasha had to calm him down. He was hating himself for letting them take her. He should of fought harder. Who knows what they were doing to her. They could be brainwashing her again or hurting her. Steve was imagining the worst things. It hadn't been too long ago that he even knew she existed and now he couldn't imagine his life without her. He couldn't imagine Claire not remembering him. Steve was going to do everything to get her back.

"I'm not doing anything until I get my daughter back." He spoke up.

"Steve, we will rescue Claire." Maria said. "But, we need to figure out a plan first."

"Once we come up with a plan, we'll figure out where Claire is and I'll go get her." Natasha said.

"No." Steve said. "I can't let you risk your life for me."

"I'm not. We all care about Claire." Natasha said. "I would gladly risk my life for her."

"I'll go." Sam said.

"I'm not letting you do that." Steve said.

"You all are needed here." Sam said. "I'm not. I'll go get Claire. And I'm not taking no for an answer." Steve sighed and nodded.

Claire woke up. She around her surroundings. She was in a cell and laying on a bed. There was a HYDRA agent guarding the door.

"Let me out of here!" Claire said. The guard looked at her before he spoke into a com.

"She's awake." He said.

A moment later, Pierce appeared. He motioned for the guard to open the cell door and walked in. "Ms. Rogers." He greeted. "I'm glad to see you awake." Claire didn't say anything.

"Should we test her new trigger?" A guard asked.

"We don't have time." Alexander said. "We'll just have to hope it worked." The guard nodded. "Take her to the van." Alexander said.

The guard grabbed Claire and dragged her out of the cell.

When they arrived at at the Triskelion, Claire was pulled out of the van. Pierce came up to her. "Your mission." He said to her. "Find Captain." He was cut off by one of the guards.

"Sir, I would refrain from saying the Captain's name." The guard said. "In case she becomes violent."

Pierce nodded in agreement. He took out a picture of Captain America and showed it to Claire. "This man is your father, but he isn't a good man. He left you and your mother and never loved you." Alexander explained. "Your mission is to find this man and kill him. Do not stop until he is dead. Understand?" Claire nodded. "Now go."

Claire walked into the Triskelion. After walking up a few flights of stairs and down a hallway, she found Captain America. Among others. She attacked him from behind, knocking him down.

When Steve turned around to see who had attacked him, he was shocked to see it was his daughter. "Claire." He said. He just stayed there, not knowing what to do.

Claire took that opportunity to attack him again. Steve fought back. "Claire, it's ok." Steve said. "Just focus on me and listen to my voice."

"Shut up!" Claire said. "My mission is to kill you and I will succeed!" Steve was trying his hardest not to hurt Claire, but he was gathering that it was a little difficult to do so.

All of a sudden, Claire was pulled off of her father. She tried to get away, but multiple people were holding her back.

"Steve, let's go." Sam said. "You need to get to the helicarrier." Steve was hesitant, looking at his daughter.

"Let me go!" Claire said. "I have to kill him!"

"Go Steve." Maria said. "We've got her. Just go." Steve ran off with Sam. Claire attempted to run after Steve. "Someone get a sedative." Maria ordered, struggling to hold Claire. "Quickly." Someone ran off and came back a moment later, with a syringe. He handed it to Maria and she injected it into Claire. Claire went limp in Maria's arms. "Bring her to a SHIELD medical facility." Maria ordered. The man picked Claire up and walked away.