Chapter 36

They all looked at the bot.

"Worthy. No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers." It said.

"Stark." Steve said.

"JARVIS." Tony said.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or...I was a-dream?" Ultron said, trying to get what he was saying.

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." Tony said, tapping his watch.

"There was a terrible noise...and I was tangled in... in...strings." Ultron said. "I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call." said Ultron. "But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor said.

Ultron played a recording. "I see a suit of armor around the world". came Tony's voice.

"Ultron!" Bruce said.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this...chrysalis." Ultron said. "But I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha asked.

"Peace in our time." Ultron answered.

Just then, the Iron Legion came crashing through the glass. They went after everyone. It was chaotic for a few minutes.

One of the bots came after Claire. A blast of fire came from her hand and burned the bot's wires. She looked between her hand and the burning bot, with a confused look on her face. She had no idea how she did it. the She started to feel dizzy.

"Claire." Steve said. He could see that she was about to faint and he rushed over to her, catching her in his arms. Bruce was right behind him. Steve laid her down. "Claire." He said. "Claire, say something please." She didn't say anything.

"Claire, can you hear me?" Bruce asked as he shown a light in her eyes.

Claire felt something around her nose. "My nose." She said, weakly.

"You have a nosebleed." Bruce said.

"I'm fine." Claire said as she tried to sit up. But Steve and Bruce kept her from doing so.

"Do not get up." "Claire, lay back down." Steve and Bruce said.

Claire felt really weak. She then passed out.

"She's really warm." Steve said.

"Her entire body is burning up." Bruce said.

"Bruce, what's going on?" Steve asked, panicked. "What's wrong with her."

"I don't know." Bruce answered.

"Well, do something." Steve said.

"We need to bring her temperature down." Bruce replied.

Steve picked Claire up and brought her to the med bay.

A few hours later, it was the middle of the night. Everyone had stayed up to wait and see if Claire was ok. Steve and Banner were in the med bay with Claire while the rest of them were in the lounge.

Claire started to stir. When she opened her eyes, she saw that she was in a containment chamber that looked like the one she was kept in in Hydra. She started panicking.

"No!" Claire said. "Let me out!" She started hitting against the glass.

"Claire, it's ok." Steve said, from the other side of the glass. "You're ok."

"Let me out!" Claire said, again. "Please!" She felt like she couldn't breathe and started hyperventilating.

"Ok. We'll get you out." Steve said before looking at Bruce. Bruce opened the containment chamber. Claire sat up on the bed. She was still hyperventilating.

"Hey hey." Steve said. "Relax. Breathe." Claire calmed down a little bit and breathed normally. "You ok?" Steve asked. Claire nodded.

Bruce examined her. "How do you feel?" He asked.

"Tired and weak." Claire replied.

"Get some sleep." Steve said.

Claire nodded. Steve helped her out of the containment chamber. He held onto her to make she wasn't going to faint again. "I'm fine, Dad. Really." Claire said. "I'm not going to faint again."

"Ok." Steve said. He and Bruce watched her as she walked out of the med bay. Steve went to let everyone else know that Claire was ok.

As Claire finished changed into pajamas, there was a knock on her door.

"Come in." She said.

Steve walked into her room. "Hey." He said. "Why don't sleep in my room tonight."

Claire nodded and followed her father down to his room. They both got into the bed.

"Are you ok?" Steve asked.

"What happened?" Claire asked.

"We're not exactly sure." Steve said. "We saw you burn one the Iron Legion bots and then you fainted. Your temperature was high, so we brought it down."

"When I woke up in that containment, I thought I was back in Hydra." Claire said. She started to cry into her father's shoulder.

"Hey. Shh. You're ok." Steve said. "I'm sorry if we freaked you out. We were only trying to bring your temperature down."

"I don't know how I did that." Claire said.

"Don't worry about that now." Steve said. "Go to sleep. We can talk more in the morning."

Claire nodded. She moved in closer to her father and Steve wrapped his arms, protectively around her. "Night Daddy." Claire said.

"Good night, Angel." Steve said, kissing Claire on the forehead before they both fell asleep.