Chapter 40

Once Claire finished changing into her suit, she boarded the quinjet.

"Here you go, Claire." Clint said, handing her her bow and quiver.

"Thanks Clint." Claire said as she finished putting her hair up. She took them from him.

"How do you like it?" Clint asked.

"It's great." Claire answered.

"Good." Clint said.

After a little bit, they arrived in Sokovia. "Claire." Steve started as they walked off the quinjet.

"I know. I know." Claire said. "Stay with you unless told otherwise, be careful, and don't get killed. I've heard the speech before."

"And be careful with your new powers." Steve added. Claire nodded. "Help evacuate people." Steve said. "And keep your com on."

"Alright." Claire said.

"Let's go!" Steve called.

Claire started running through buildings, evacuating people. She used her arrows on any bots around her. While she was on the roof of a building, a bot approached her. Claire jumped off of the and on top of the bot and punched her hand into it. But then, it burst into flames. When she pulled her hand out, it was smoking. Claire knew she had done that, but she wasn't trying to. She then realized she was falling fast.

All of a sudden, she stopped in midair. Claire looked around to Wanda holding her up. She then noticed another bot. She nodded at Wanda before jumping onto the bot and doing the same thing she did before. Claire flipped off the bot and landed gracefully on the ground. She continued to shoot arrows at bots.

After a little bit, she was surrounded by a ton of them. There was too many of them and she was out of arrows. Claire started panicking, not knowing what to do. The bots shot at her. She ran into an alleyway, in between two buildings. She tried to stop the bot and blasted them with a fireball, not meaning to do that. Claire was sitting against a building, freaking out.

Clint noticed her and ran over to her. "Claire." He said. Claire didn't answer. She was sobbing and breathing really heavy. She was bleeding and not just from her her nose from using her powers. And her head was starting to hurt.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Clint asked as he crouched in front of her.

"I can't do this. It's too much." Claire said. "I lost my Dad in all the chaos. I used all of my arrows and I've used my new powers."

"Claire, look at me." Clint said, forcing her to look at him. "I know this is overwhelming and you've been through a lot the past couple of days, but you'll get through it." Claire nodded.

Clint helped her up. "Just take a couple deep breaths and relax." Clint said. Claire calmed down a bit. "Here are a few more arrows you can use." Clint said, handing her some of his arrows. "Just stay close to me."

"Thanks Clint." Claire said.

"Of course, Claire." Clint said. "Ready?" Claire nodded. They stepped out from behind the building and started running.

"Has anybody seen Claire?" Steve asked through the coms.

"She's with me." Clint answered.

"Is she ok?" Steve asked.

"She's fine, Steve." Clint replied. "I've got her."

As they headed towards the others, they saw the helicarrier and then heard Fury through the coms. "Nice, right?" He said. "I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve said.

"Oh. So, you're allowed to swear." Claire teased. Clint and Claire then joined the rest of them.

"Are you ok?" Steve asked.

"Not really, but I'll get through it." Claire replied. "It's like you said earlier, "you get hurt, hurt 'em back. You get killed, walk it off.""

They all started tearing the bots apart. Claire was using her powers. Steve noticed her swaying a bit.

"Claire." He said.

"I'm fine." Claire said.

"Tell me what's wrong." Steve said.

"I'm starting to get dizzy and hot." Claire answered.

"Head to the Helicarrier." Steve said. "You're done." "

But." Claire started.

"No Claire!" Steve said. "You're done." Claire sighed. "Can you get to the Helicarrier yourself?" Steve asked.

"I think so." Claire said.

"Then go." Steve said. "Now!"

Claire ran off, heading towards the Helicarrier. As she got closer, she got more dizzy and had to stop. But, she was shot in the side. Claire screamed in pain and fell to the ground.

"Claire!" Maria called, rushing over to her. "I've got you, Claire." Maria helped Claire up and onto one of the lifeboats. She laid Claire across some sheets. "I need a cooling blanket!" Maria called. That was the last thing Claire heard before blacking out.