Chapter 4

A couple days went by. Claire was hanging out at SHIELD headquarters. Her father had stuff to take care of and she decided to tag along. She decided to go find him. She walked out of the room she was and headed down the hall. She found him in the training room, hitting a punching bag.

"Hey Dad." Claire said as she walked into the room.

"Hey sweetie." Steve said, stopping.

"What are you doing?" Claire asked.

"Oh nothing." Steve said. "Just getting a workout in." They both sat on a bench. "So, I enrolled you in school." Steve said.

"You did?" Claire asked.

"Yeah." Steve said. "I used your mother's last name instead of mine, so people wouldn't suspect that we're related."

"Ok." Claire said.

"You start Monday." Steve said. Claire nodded. Steve went back to his workout. Claire watched him hit the punching bag hard enough to knock it off the hook and break it.

"Can I try that?" Claire asked

"I don't know." Steve said. "I am a lot stronger than you."

Claire went over to a huge metal box and picked it up over her head. Steve just looked at his daughter, in shock. "You do know that I inherited the abilities you have, right?" Claire said. Steve chuckled.

"There you are, Claire." Nick said as he walked into the room with some of the other agents. "I see you inherited your father's strength."

"Along with the other abilities." Claire said. "Were you looking for me?"

"Yes." Nick said. "I wanted to ask you something."

"What?" Claire asked.

"I wanted to ask you if would consider becoming an agent." Nick said.

"I don't know." Claire said.

"Well, you are Peggy-." Nick started.

Steve stopped him and covered Claire's ears. "Don't say her name." He said.

"Why?" Nick asked.

"There was an incident when we visited her the other day." Steve said.

"Did she become violent?" Maria asked.

"Yeah." Steve said. "She was saying that Peggy couldn't be trusted and needed to be killed. I'm guessing Peggy's name is another trigger word." Nick nodded and Steve removed his hands from Claire's ears.

"At least she's not chanting "Hail Hydra." Clint said, chuckling. The switch flipped and Claire became violent. She went over to a punching bag, laying on the ground, and threw it towards the rest of them. Steve caught it before it could hit anyone.

"Great. Thanks Clint." Steve said. "Guess we just discovered another trigger word."

"How was I supposed to know." Clint said.

"Hydra will destroy SHIELD!" Claire said. "Hail Hydra!" She went to throw another punching bag, but Natasha and Maria grabbed her. She broke free of their grasp. They grabbed her again and Clint helped them. "I must destroy SHIELD!" Claire said. She was fighting against Natasha, Clint, and Maria.

"Do something, Steve." Natasha said.

"Claire, sweetheart. Focus on me." Steve said. "You're ok. You're safe."

Claire blinked a couple times before relaxing and stopped fighting against everyone. "Dad?" She said, looking up at him.

"It's me, baby." Steve said.

Claire saw the punching bag that she threw. "I'm really sorry." She said.

"It's ok, Claire." Natasha said. "No one was hurt."

"Come on. I'll take you home." Steve said. "Go wait outside and I'll be right there." Claire nodded and headed towards the entrance. Steve looked at Nick. "I don't want her becoming an agent." He said. "It's too dangerous for her and she's a little unpredictable right now."

"Agreed." Nick said. "We can talk about it at a later date." Steve nodded before walking out of the building. They went to get school supplies and then headed home.

"Are you ok?" Steve asked.

"What did I do this time?" Claire said.

"You threw a punching bag, but I caught it before it hit someone." Steve said. "We found out another trigger word."

"I'm so afraid I'm going to hurt someone one of these times." Claire said as she started to cry.

"Hey. It's ok." Steve assured her. "Claire, we're going to help you." Claire didn't say anything. "Are you ready to start school?" Steve asked. "Maybe we should wait until you've gotten settled in more."

"I'm ok, Dad." Claire said. "It's not like anyone at school would say those words where I would freak out."

"Are you sure?" Steve asked.

"Yes." Claire said.

"Ok." Steve said. "You look tired. Why don't you head up to bed." Claire nodded. "Good night." Steve said, kissing her on the side of the head, before she headed into her bedroom.