10. A drink...or three

In the middle of the night, Eda's phone rang. She had fallen asleep on her desk while working on her project so the sound of her phone woke her up with a start. She rubbed her eyes as she saw the caller ID and immediately picked up.

"Serkan?"

"Eda Yildiz!"

Eda frowned and looked at the time: 2 a.m. "Serkan? Iyi misin?"

"Iyiyim iyiyim! Do I need an excuse to call the most beautiful woman I know? That is you Eda Yildiz!"

Eda couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Are you drunk Serkan?" She had never seen Serkan drunk before and she had trouble picturing it in her mind.

"Yoook. I only took one glass. Or maybe three...? I don't remember. Ama neyse. I miss you."

"Serkan, it's 2 in the morning!"

"Evet? Is there a right time to miss you? Yok degil mi? But it's the perfect time to see the night sky. Have you seen the stars Eda Yildiz? Because I have and they are not as beautiful as you!"

"No, I haven't... but I think you should stop looking at the stars and go to sleep now."

"But I don't want to," she heard him whine like a child and she shook her head with a smile. "I have a better idea you know? I'll come see you! So that we can look at the sky together!"

"Hayir! You are not going anywhere in that state Serkan! Tamam. I'm coming to see you. Just sit down and wait for me, okay? I'll be there soon."

"Yok. I'm calling...coming, I mean. It's late. You can't drive at this hour."

Eda rolled her eyes even though he couldn't see her as she quickly traded her jogging pants and hoodie for a pair of jeans and a white shirt."I'll take a cab Serkan. Merak etme."

"Yok yok yok! Gelme! You can't come at this hour. You're pregnant."

"So what if I am? It's not a sickness."

"Eda..."

"Serkan Bolat! Listen to me now!" Eda raised her voice menacingly. "You will sit down on one of your bar stools, or your sofa, or whatever and you will wait for me! Tamam mi?"

She heard Serkan gulp from the other hand. "Peki."

"Good! I'm leaving now. Don't do anything stupid!"

"Olur."

Eda hung up, grabbed her purse and her leather jacket and left. Fortunately she didn't have to wait too long as she soon hailed a cab and was grateful for the warmth that it provided during the twenty minute-drive to Serkan's apartment. She climbed up the stairs as fast as she could and rang the doorbell. Several minutes passed in which she wondered if nothing had happened to him after all. She was about to ring again when he finally appeared and opened the glass entrance door with a smug smile plastered on his face.

"You... only you...," he laughed and she couldn't help it and laughed as well. "Only you knock on my door. Eda Yildiz. Eda Yildiz!" he exclaimed.

"Do you want me to record you in that state?" Eda asked with a smile and he giggled again.

"What a beautiful smile you have." His eyes were so soft and she felt a shiver travel down her spin. She smiled even more brightly at him as he was admiring her, barely standing on his feet as he held the door open. "Do you want to come inside? Hadi gel."

She entered the house and he tried in vain to close the door until she did it for him. He really was drunk she realised. Serkan staggered and she had to sustain him a couple of times before he finally collapsed on the sofa, almost making her tumble on it as well. She straightened up as he sat up and put his head on his fist to look at her.