28. Whirlwind

A/N: With my deepest apologies, I hope you'll appreciate this long overdue chapter. Enjoy!

---

Eda was puzzled. "Ama... you told me that it wasn't on the market anymore."

"Well, it technically wasn't. Because I bought it a while ago."

Eda's jaw dropped looking at Serkan then at the wooden gate that she knew hid one of the most beautiful estate that she had ever set foot in. The estate of the Doctor's House. So many questions were jostling in her head as to what it meant. She silently followed Serkan as he took her by the hand and led her inside.

"Then why did you make us look for another house when you already had this one?"

"Because I wanted us to look for it together. To be able to see other houses that you might fall in love with. I didn't want to impose it on you like I did with the apartment."

"I see."

"And also the house is still being renovated and refurbished. Most of the exterior is done but there's a lot still to be done on the inside. I could have a team work on the interior design to be ready by the time the baby comes hopefully but it's not guaranteed. That is, if you want to live here."

"If I want to live here? Serkan, this is like my ultimate dream home!" Eda exclaimed looking at the tall two-storey house.

It was an old traditional-style house with four bedrooms and a lot of outdoor space for barbecues, gardening and family and friends gatherings. Eda could see that the wall panellings looked freshly painted and that the bricks and stairs had been cleaned. Other than that, it looked exactly the same as in her memory.

Serkan led Eda through the various rooms that were being restored. He smiled at every squeal that Eda let out as she scanned and inspected every corner. They greeted the workers on their way to the master bedroom. There, Eda started tearing up as she saw the work that had been done according to the leads she had given Serkan a few months ago.

"The curtains... the colours... Serkan?"

"Do you like it?"

"Bayiliyorum ya!" Eda jumped in his arms as she said it making him laugh lightly. "Bu çok güzel!"

"I'm glad you like it. So, is it a yes?"

As a response, Eda took his face between her hands and put her lips on his in a loud kiss. "Is that explicit enough Serkan Bolat?"

"E...Eda! There are workers here."

"So?"

"They could walk in anytime!"

"Yeah right."

She kissed him again putting her arms around his neck as she did. His own hands travelled down her back to put her closer to his body. She pecked his lips a few times more before she leaned back to look at him lovingly.

"I'd say yes a billion times to that house and you know it. Thank you."

"I have one last surprise for you. Are you ready?"

"What is it?"

"You'll see."

He took her by the hand again and led her to a room they had yet to enter, just across the master bedroom. When they entered Eda was surprised to find another person already inside. The blonde woman was looking out the window as if lost in thoughts.

"Aydan hanim?"

The older woman turned around and smiled upon seeing the couple enter. "Ah! Serkan! Eda!"