6. New house, new beginning

"Hello Emre bey. It's Serkan Bolat. I'm calling to tell you that there were no errors in the drawings." After a small pause, Serkan talked again. "Yes I am sure. Someone is actually conspirating against us. Why? Well... You are a very important client. You do very important projects. So I guess that now that we're doing projects together, it must have disturbed some people." Serkan was looking at Efe all while saying this but the man didn't react. "Look, I'll make an offer to you to make up for this incident. Give us two days and my team and I will finish the roof renovation. At the same time, I'll pay for the whole expenses. After two days, you'll make your decision as to if you want to keep working with us or not. Okay, thank you."

Serkan hang up and handed his phone back to Efe. "Why did you say that it was a conspiracy?"

"Well, because it was."

Efe smiled a little. "I see. Good move by the way."

"Evet. So, let's get to work."

"Okay, I'm gathering the team," Engin said. "Let's have a meeting together. Then we can go to work."

"Wonderful," Serkan simply said as Engin and Piril left the room. Efe sat on a chair next to him and they patiently waited for the whole team to arrive. When they did, Serkan looked over at Eda's desk where she was sat and looked from the distance. Serkan frowned.

"Eda isn't coming?"

"Eda is finishing an other project. She is working. Since she is not involved in this process." Efe simply answered.

"Tamam, I understand." Turning back his attention to the room, he started the meeting. "As some of you must have heard by now, the collapse of the Kafescioglu's roof was not due to a mistake on the blueprints. I will not enter too much into details but it is so. Nevertheless, in order to reclaim our reputation and prestige toward our clients, I offered them to make the renovations in two days. Therefore, I need you all to work very hard on this. For the next two days, this renovation is our main project and should be addressed first. Olur mu?"

"Engin and I will be on the field. Serkan will give a presentation once it's completed." Efe announced to the team.

"I will come too. It will be very difficult to do it in only two days," Piril said.

"But it has to be done. So I thank everyone in advance for your efforts. Piril by the way," Serkan turned to her, "did the camera footages came from security?"

"They'll be there soon."

"Why do you need the records?" Efe asked.

"It's usually used in case of robbery but I thought that in that case, they could maybe give us a lead as to who modified the blueprints." Efe nodded in silence. "Tamam o zaman."

"Tamam. Everybody get back to work then," Engin clapped her hands as he said so. "By the way, every details – and I emphasis on it – every details, must be verified and confirmed by me okay?"

The team agreed and Serkan soon dismissed them. He then went to Eda who looked up from her computer when she saw him approach. "How was the meeting?"

"Good. I'm sorry you couldn't participate."

"It's alright. It means I can work on the ecological hotel project. So? Will the team be able to complete the renovations in two days?"

"There is no other choice anyway so they will. They can do anything." Eda nodded. "Do you want to go eat lunch with me?"

"Eh, I want to but I have something to do first. Can you wait for me?"

"What question is this? Of course I'll wait for you. Just call me when you're ready. Tamam?" Eda nodded as he held her head softly and put a kiss on top of it, his hand lingering a bit on her hair before he went back to his office.