13. Closure

Eda and Serkan enjoyed a quiet intimate lunch where they savoured a delicious potato salad and fresh organic vegetables with some tasty meats cooked in a gourmet Italian way. They were both delighted and didn't wait a second to congratulate the chef when he came to greet them. Serkan was proud to introduce Eda to the tall older man as his fiancée and the latter kissed her hand as a greeting. The three discussed for a while before the chef excused himself as he had to go back to the kitchens.

Once they were alone again, Eda asked Serkan if they were going home soon but instead he took her by the hand and pulled her along with him outside, on the balcony. The view was stunning from there, showing a great portion of the city. But to Eda's surprise, Serkan dragged her with him to the corner of the building and up a few stairs that were almost hidden behind a gate. They both went up until they finally arrived to what seemed to be the rooftop of the building.

Serkan smiled when he looked behind him at her confused face as she took the last step, joining him on the roof. When she took in the place, Eda gasped. They were facing a rooftop garden, the most beautiful that Eda had ever stepped foot on. They walked to the middle of the terrace and looked around. It offered a stunning 360° view of Istanbul. Glass fences closed off the space nicely, permitting to appreciate it as well as the green edges that offered a double fencing. Grass was spread beautifully except for the wooden paths that led to different fitted out areas.

They stepped into a round fenced space that overlooked the south-east part of the building. They admired the view together for a few minutes in silence. They could see the Bosphorus as well as the bridges across the sea from the distance. They enjoyed themselves by naming every construction that they could recognise around them. Eda's competitor spirit was showing and Serkan couldn't help but smile down at her lovingly as he saw her excitement.

When she realised that he wasn't playing anymore, she turned to look at him and frowned with a smile. "N'oldu? Why don't you speak anymore?"

"I just got lost in my thoughts."

"Oh, and what were you thinking about?"

"You. That I would have never done something like this if it were not with you."

Eda smiled even more. "So you admit that I brought colour to your boring life Serkan Bolat?"

Serkan looked at her with a little smile. "Colour? You turned my whole life into a rainbow Eda Yildiz." Eda stayed silent smiling as she dropped her gaze to the floor smiling. "Did you like it?"

"Evet," she answered shyly.

She looked around at the pretty bushes and flowers. She thought about how beautiful this place must be at night, when all the fairy lights she could see in the small bushes were turned on and illuminated the place.

"Serkan, what are we doing here exactly? You said you needed to fix something."

"Evet Eda." he took her hands in his and stroked softly. "There is something very –"

At that moment, Eda's phone started ringing interrupting him. She glanced at the caller and frowned. It was Leyla. She asked Serkan about it but he just shrugged, slightly annoyed. She answered the assistant's call then turned back to Serkan, who was checking his phone as well, when she hung up.

"Selin is apparently asking for you at the office. It's something important it seems."

"Hmm, I see she's been trying to call me as well. And Ceren too apparently."

"Ceren? Why?"

"Who knows..."

"Okay. I think we really should go to the office."