3. Little Serkan

"I can't believe it... Really I can't believe you Serkan Bolat!" Eda fumed. "What were you thinking? How could you do something like that?"

"Look, Eda..." Serkan started but she didn't let him finish.

"I really cannot believe you! I thought we agreed on keeping it a secret for now, at least until I can see a doctor but now the whole office knows about it?!"

"I –"

"And how come they know before even I knew? I only took the test yesterday! It's unbelievable! What do you have to say about this?"

Serkan stayed silent for a little bit waiting for her to add anything. "Bitti mi?"

Eda glowered at him. "Evet! Bitti!"

"Listen, I didn't tell the whole office, obviously. I only told Engin that I thought you were pregnant," he whispered the last word. "Tamam mi? And then I don't know how it got out of hand."

"You don't know how it got out of hand? Gerçekten mi?" Eda rolled her eyes. "I know Engin is your best friend but couldn't you just have asked me? How will we deal with this now?"

"We'll just deny it."

"How can we deny we're having a baby?"

"The same way we denied this morning when your aunt and my mother asked us."

"That was completely different."

"How was it different Eda?"

Eda thought for a while. "Hmm you are right. Maybe It's not that different. Though, I understand now why they were so inquisitive today. Leyla told me that the rumour started because of a conversation Susan heard between Selin and Piril where they were discussing my potential pregnancy."

"Selin and Piril huh? I knew Engin had told her. And? What did they say?"

"Apparently it was Selin who told your mother about the baby."

Serkan sighed. "Of course."

"They even wondered..." Eda stopped then. Serkan frowned at her reaction.

"What?"

"If it would bring us closer."

They both stared at each other. It was already bringing them closer if one considered the mere fact of them currently standing less than 50cms apart and not fighting. Memories of the previous night popped in their minds. Serkan couldn't help but look at her lips and licked his own, yearning to kiss her endlessly just like he had the night before. Meanwhile Eda felt this irresistible force, pulling her to him. They absent-mindedly took a step closer to each other, their hearts beating loud in their chests. They were alone, nothing could prevent them from giving in to their desires...

"Serkan. Asli hanim and Emre bey are here. Buyrun."

Eda and Serkan immediately came out of their bubble upon hearing Engin enter with the two guests. Eda felt her cheeks burn under her palm as she tried to regain some composure meanwhile she could see how red Serkan's ears had gotten which made her chuckle. She loved seeing the effect she had on him. Serkan briefly raised an eyebrow at her but she just shook her head.

"Serkan bey. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Emre bey, welcome. Asli hanim."

"Serkan bey," the blonde woman shook his hand to greet him then Eda. "We hope we are not interrupting anything?" She asked looking between the two.