11. Bumpy walk

A/N: There is a little Mature part in this chapter but i highlighted it if you want to skip it. Enjoy!

The day of the charity event for the girls' education fundraiser soon arrived. Ayfer had been asked to take part of it as well for catering. It was a great opportunity for her new business that Fifi encouraged her to take on. The event was in two parts: first, a small conference where Eda would be speaking, then a fashion show in the evening where the dresses worn by the models would be sold to raise money.

Eda and Serkan arrived together for the conference. He had helped her with her speech but she still felt a bit tensed. That's why she was relieved when she caught sight of her aunt and the girls setting up everything on the tables. She immediately went to see them while Serkan went to join Piril and Engin in another part of the room. The trio was soon joined by Efe who wanted to say his goodbye before leaving for Italy the next morning.

"Merhaba! Here," he said giving Piril an envelope, "I also wanted to participate in the fundraiser." Selin joined them at that moment but seeing as everybody kept silent Efe continued. "By the way, I wanted to tell you all that it's been really fun to work with. Thank you for the time spent there."

Serkan frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

"I am going back to Italy."

"Soon?" Piril asked clearly confused.

"Very soon. In fact tomorrow."

"Will you come back?" Selin asked.

Efe stared at her for a couple of seconds before answering. "I hope so...but for a while it's more likely that I won't."

Selin nodded nervously then averted her eyes as Serkan spoke again. "What will happen to the shares of the holding?"

"Of course, the holding's shares will remain with me. The partnership will continue. I have actually asked Eda to be my right-hand."

Serkan raised his eyebrows. "You asked Eda?" He said slowly.

Efe nodded. "Until my partner comes and handles the business here."

"Ah, your secret partner. I'm wondering when will we get to meet them?"

Efe smiled. "It's not a secret partner Serkan. But you will soon find out who it is, don't worry. Just be patient."

Serkan let out a frustrated little laugh that was the cue for Engin to lead Piril elsewhere and for their little group to separate to different corners of the room. Serkan walked to where Eda was still standing talking with the girls and asked her for a bit of her time. She followed him a little to the side and waited for him to talk, frowning as he looked slightly tense.

"Serkan? Is everything alright?"

"Did Efe ask you to be his right-hand?"

"Evet."

Serkan opened his eyes wide in surprise. "Evet mi? And when were you planning on telling me?"

"I meant to tell you but we didn't have time these last two days, with the preparations and everything."

Truth be told they had indeed been very busy and had barely had time to be together after her return from the road trip. "Peki. Then what did you answer him?"

"I haven't given him my answer yet. I told him I needed time to think."

"Time to think? Eda, you know very well how I feel about Efe. I don't trust him and I don't want him near you."

Eda crossed her arms on her chest. "Şuna bak! Why do you think I didn't accept right away Serkan? This is exactly why. I wanted to talk to you about this before."