2. A tiny little living thing

"Aydan hanim? What are you doing?" Seyfi asked as he saw Aydan hanim watching her son's house through her binoculars.

"I'm waiting for Serkan to wake up. I need to talk to him about something."

"Well I don't think you'll see him this morning."

Aydan put the binoculars down and turned her head toward her employee. "Neden? Did he leave?"

"Yok. But he is in good company and I don't think he'll want to leave it soon."

"Good company? Who? Ah Seyfi don't beat around the bush! Who is with Serkan?"

Seyfi looked at Serkan's house for a couple of seconds before he finally turned his mischievous green eyes toward the older woman. "Eda hanim."

"Eda? Eda is here? Why?" Seyfi just shrugged. Aydan looked into her binoculars once more but threw them annoyingly at the table when she couldn't see anything.

"Gel Seyfi. Let's go see if they didn't kill each other."

"I doubt it..." Seyfi said under his breath.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing. Let's go."

The duo tiptoed their way to Serkan's house and peaked through the big glass window that showed the inside of the living room. What they saw left them both shocked for one and widely smiling for the other. Eda and Serkan were asleep on the couch. Serkan's arms were tightly engulfing Eda who had her head resting on his chest. They looked so peaceful that even Aydan couldn't deny how sweet they looked.

"I don't understand. Weren't they like mad at each other yesterday? How are they sleeping so peacefully together?" Aydan whispered.

"I don't know Aydan hanim. Maybe they made peace."

"You and your peace Seyfi!" She stared at the couple a while longer before she added, "but I have to admit they are adorable like this. Do you think they really made peace?" Seyfi shrugged again not giving any answer which frustrated Aydan. She motioned him to follow her back at her house and he did.

Serkan started to stir and slowly opened his eyes blinking a couple of times as he adjusted to the lighting of the room. His eyes fell on a shadow behind the glass window but it had disappeared by the time his vision had cleared. He heard Eda's soft snores by his side which made him look down. His breath caught in his throat. He was always amazed at how gorgeous she looked at every given hour but especially in the morning. She looked so peaceful, like an angel. Someone who didn't know her fiery temper would have never thought that she even had one. He wondered how he deserved to even know a person as good as her in his life. And now he would have the most precious gift in the world: a child with her. He suddenly remembered their previous night. Eda coming to his house. Their conversation. Their kiss. The tests. The joy they felt. He couldn't help but smile thinking of this tiny little human living inside of her. He delicately placed a hand on her still flat abdomen. He wanted to feel connected to their child even though it was still very early.

Eda smiled as she slowly started to wake up. She felt so comfortable and warm that she only wished she could sleep a bit more. She snuggled closer to the warmth she was feeling coming from beside her and sighed contently. She had made the most beautiful dream where Serkan and she were walking on a beach, each holding the hand of a laughing child not older than two or three years old. They were all so happy. Her little family. Then it hit her: she was pregnant! Serkan and she had found out the night before and the aftermath of the news had been more than satisfactory for the both of them as they had released part of the tensions that had gathered up from all these weeks apart. She opened her eyes as soon as the memory of Serkan's lips on her neck popped in her memory. She realised then where she was: snuggled into his arms, on what seemed to be his couch. And – was that his shirt she was wearing? – she didn't even remember how or when they had ended up on the couch again!