17. Face-to-face

Eda couldn't believe what had just happened. She was pacing up and down the floor trying to contain the tears of rage that threatened to spill on her face. How did that woman dare stand in front her? How could she even think of buying the shares of Serkan's holding? Eda had no doubt that her grandmother was doing this just to get to her. And she hated it.

"Eda..."

"Serkan, lütfen. Don't say anything right now."

"Eda, sakin ol..."

"Serkan, how do you expect me to stay calm?" Eda exploded. "You don't know how dangerous that woman is! I can't believe she had the nerve to come here and decide to invade our lives like this!"

"Sakin ol lütfen. All this stress is not good, neither for you nor the baby. Lütfen." Eda looked at him then threw her head back briefly closing her eyes as she sighed. "Bak, you've been working with Efe for months. You never saw her name appear on documents?"

Eda glared at him. "Ne? What are you trying to say Serkan? Do you think that I knew about this?"

"No, of course not..."

"Then what is it?"

"I am just trying to understand."

"So am I! Her name was not in any if the documents. Her name was never mentioned in any of the files! Do you think that if I had seen her name, I would not have said or done something! Would I have let her come here as your partner? Don't you trust me?"

"Eda..." Serkan said slowly. "You know that until today I have never trusted anyone as much as I do you. Tamam mi? No one. So please, stop being stubborn and calm down now." Eda let out a frustrated breath and put a hand on her stomach. "Can't you see what she is doing? This is exactly what she wants: to trouble you. We can't let her do that. What we should do instead is talk about how we'll solve this situation."

"The only way to solve this is if I go and give her a piece of my mind!" Eda exclaimed angrily.

"Wow! Peki. Beautiful. Go talk to her in anger. This will solve everything. You'll go, you'll scream at her and will say things she'll use against you. Don't do that. Right now, she must be exulting that we are discussing like this because this is exactly what she wants." Eda started to calm down a bit and nodded. "Now, just sit down, relax a bit while I go fetch you something to drink. Tamam mi? We'll discuss this calmly."

Eda sighed. "Tamam."

"Tamam. I'm coming right away."

Eda sat down on one of the chairs as Serkan left the room and she put her head in her hands. After a while, she couldn't stand sitting down and started pacing again. Serkan returned with two glasses of lime juice and a box, and found her in that state. He frowned putting down the glasses on the table before he walked up to her and held her arms.

"Eda, iyi misin?" Serkan asked with a worried tone.

"Evet iyiyim. Iyiyim."

"Why are you rubbing your stomach like that?"

Eda looked down at her right hand who was still laying on her belly. "It's nothing. I was just lost in thoughts. I guess that's why..."

"Do you feel any pain or discomfort? Do you want to go back home to rest?"

"Hayir Serkan. Iyiyim gerçekten."

Serkan studied her for a moment before he finally dropped his hands and guided her to the chair. They both sat down next to each other and he slid the glass in front of her. "Lime juice. I thought you needed it."