18. Frenzy or peace?

Eda let out a sigh of relief when she finally crossed the threshold of Serkan's apartment. Silence and peace were all she craved in that moment and she was happy to find them there. Serkan entered after her with the bags and closed the door behind him. Once they got rid of their coats, they went upstairs to unpack her luggage and put her clothes away. Eda was surprised to find out that he had already cleared up a space in his closet for her and she hugged him happily, thanking him.

"You don't even know how long I've been waiting for this."

"Gerçekten mi? How long?" She asked with a smile while she tilted her head.

"Hmm probably since I moved in." He answered rubbing his nose on hers. "As I told you before, I always thought of this place as ours. So I'm very happy that you can finally call it your home."

Eda put a kiss on his lips. "Did I tell you that I love you?"

"Hmm I don't remember."

"Seni seviyorum."

"Ben de seni."

They kissed again softly before resuming their tidying up – or rather Serkan's, since he almost didn't let her touch anything. She sat on the bed looking at him with a little smile while he unloaded her dinosaur suitcase. She noticed how he put each item in a specific place and made a mental note to remember where everything went. He was almost done when she saw him freeze as he took out one of the last shirts that were left.

She frowned and looked as he held the shirt in front of him. That was when she got it: it was the black shirt that he had worn the first time they had gone on a walk together with Sirius. The one he had lent her and that she had kept all those months. It had been a great help for her back in the days. She used to smell it every time she felt lonely or that she missed him, before they were even together.

Serkan lowered the shirt to look at her. "You kept it all this time?"

Eda shrugged. "Of course I did."

"Even after all we've been through... All I made you go through when I broke up with you. You kept it." He was awestruck as his thumbs stroke the piece of clothing. "I thought you had gotten rid of everything that could have reminded you of me."

Eda stood up from the bed and walked to him. "How could I do that Serkan? I was hurt, evet, but I never stopped loving you. So how could I get rid of the little things that I had left of you?"

Serkan put his arms around her back and buried his face in her neck. She caressed his hair and breathed in his scent. She loved how she could smell him freely now and that she didn't need a shirt to do so anymore. She yawned and put her head on his shoulder closing her eyes. She felt so protected and loved in his arms, she wished she could stay there forever. He lifted his head up to look at her and saw her relaxed face and little smile. He kissed her cheek.

"Hadi. Let's get you to bed now. It's late. You are supposed to rest."

Eda shook her head and tightened her hold on his shoulders. "Hayır. I'm good here. Besides, I took a nap at my aunt's. I won't be able to sleep right now."

As if on cue, she yawned again making Serkan laugh lightly as she scrunched up her nose.

"Riiiight." He shook his head. "Peki. Then let me finish this and I'll make you your favourite hot chocolate."

At that, her head lifted and her eyes lit up. "Gerçekten mi?" She asked with a smile.

He nodded his head and she jumped excitedly. He suggested she'd go take a shower while he finished putting her things away but mere minutes later, she found herself relaxing in a hot bubble bath instead. She let the warm water release all the tensions of the day. After a good twenty minutes, not seeing her come down from her bath, Serkan went looking for her. He leaned on the door frame and smiled as he took in her peaceful face and little smile. She had found a few scented candles that deliciously filled the air. He admired her for a while before she finally opened her drowsy eyes and caught his. She smiled even more.