5. Little bean of love

"Anne? Iyi misin?" Serkan waved in front of his mother's face.

"I am so happy," Aydan hanim said with teary eyes as she clasped her hands in front of her chest. Eda and Serkan looked at each other in disbelief; they had never thought that his mother would have such a reaction upon hearing the news that they were back together. Aydan took a step forward and took Eda in her arms.

"Really, I am so happy for you both! I am so sorry for everything we made you go through Eda. I am so sorry."

"It's okay Aydan hanim," Eda said patting the older woman's back. "It was not your fault."

"Maybe not for the accident but if I had not been so blinded by prejudices and status, you would have long been together. Maybe you would have never broken up."

"The important thing is that Eda and I are back together now. And nothing will separate us again." Serkan pulled Eda by the waist and kissed her temple as he said so. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of his lips on her skin.

Aydan looked at them proudly then something hit her and she frowned. "Love suits you both so well. You are glowing Eda."

Serkan moved away from Eda a little to look at her better and frowned. "Evet Eda. You really are glowing." Eda felt her cheeks start to burn under his intense gaze and quickly diverted her eyes from him. They were in front of his mother for God's sake!

"Ahem thank you Aydan hanim. Hum Serkan? Shouldn't we go to work now? We are already a bit late, aren't we?"

"You're right," he said checking his watch. "We're going. See you soon anne."

"See you soon!"

Aydan looked at the couple as Serkan guided Eda to his car, never taking his hand away from the small of her back for even one second. She sighed happily. Seyfi joined her and they both smiled looking at the two lovers getting in the car.

"Aren't they beautiful?"

"Evet Aydan hanim. They are adorable."

"I am so happy to finally see my son happy. All thanks to Eda. How can we even deserve to have her in our lives?"

"She is a miracle Aydan hanim. A true wishing star."

"Exactly. She is a miracle."

"Who is a miracle?"

Both Seyfi and Aydan turned around to see a frowning Alptekin dressed in sports tights trying to see what they were looking at. But Serkan and Eda were already gone. They looked at each other before they looked back at the older man.

"Well, I have great news."

"What news?"

"Eda and Serkan are back together!"

"Ah!" Alptekin opened his eyes wide.

Aydan looked at him pointedly. "Is that all you have to say?"

"What do you want me to say Aydan? My son doesn't speak to me. And now you tell me that he is with the girl whose life I destroyed. What do you want me to say!" Alptekin exclaimed.

Aydan didn't say anything. She knew her husband was hurt but she disapproved of his lack of reactivity in solving the issue between their son and him. She wondered how they had gotten up to that point. "Are you still determined not to do anything about your quarrel with Serkan, Alptekin?"

"I don't know what to say or do anymore. If you have any suggestions I am all ears."

"Well, maybe you could try apologising for starters, don't you think?"