Baby girl.

Sorry in advanced : there's a whole lot of dialogue in this chapter 🙃

'Now what's your name?'

"Rose"

I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around kneeling to the girl height.

'Thats not possible your meant to be dead! let me look at your eyes-'
I grabbed the girls soft face and examined it obvious confusion spreading across as she pulled away from my grip. Blue, baby Rose's eyes where blue.

"What are you doing get of?!" She said rubbing her face.

'Rose. Do you remember me? I know its been a long time and you where only a baby but you have to remember me! Its me y/n your mine!'
I was yelling and my emotions started to show, I was getting upset at the thought she wouldn't remember me or that I got my hopes up and it wasn't her.

"I don't know mabye? I'm only 7 who are you! My parents back at the sanctuary mentioned something about a sister calling my name" I grabbed Rose's little hands and ran down the street to my house where Carl and Enid where still playing games.

"Y/n whats going on you look startled whose this?" Enid asked looking concerned

'I don't know! I found her in the woods she says her name is Rose, Enid Carl this could be my Rose! She says she doesn't remember me but im going to jog her memories. Cmon sweet heart sit down.'

Tears started to form in Rose's eyes from the sudden shouting and flustering I had caused. Guilt swept over me 'Oh honey, Im sorry I didn't mean to make you cry calm down its okay' I said sitting on the couch letting her tiny body lay against mine.

I calmed my self down and tried to explain 'Its just, a few years ago I was taking care of a girl called Rose and I loved her very much until a mean man stole her, and now im thinking that could be you Rose! You could be my baby girl'

She wiped away a tear from her eye and sat up straight "Im sorry for crying I shouldn't be such a baby, thank you for not hitting me"

I furrowed my brows at Rose's questionable response "hit? Rose why would I hit you what did those people do to you" I said once again putting my arm around the little girl

"My daddy and mommy, everytime I cry or get to happy or angry they hurt me. They say its not a good attitude for a world like this. Sometimes they even send me to bed without food no matter what time it is" she lifted up her t-shirt revealing her skinny stomach with big black bruises all over.

'Rose... Im so sorry, I know I made a bad first impression but im good. Even if your not my girl ill still take care of you and will never hit you okay?' I said holding out my pinkie

"Okay" she intertwined her pinkie with mine and we made a pinkie promise joy spreading across her face as it turned into a tired yawn.

'Its getting dark you seem tired do you want to go sleep in the big cosy bed upstairs? There's even a Teddy bear for you!'

"A bed ! I havnt slept on a bed before.. well not that I can remember. My mommy made me sleep on the floor with a blanket"

I sighed and turned around facing my back to the girl crouching down

'Im guessing you've never had a piggy back ride before ? Just hop on my back and ill carry you upstairs. Cmon it's fun!' Rose hesitantly jumped on my back and started giggling as I ran around in circles making her dizzy until eventually I went up stairs and put her in bed

'Okay Rose you sleep well. Its safe here and there will be some yummy cereal for breakfast tomorrow. Here take Mr cuddles he gives people good dreams.' I handed her the Teddy bear and she wrapped her arms around it instantly smiling gratefully.