Life or death.

The gun shot ran through my body sending electric shocks down my spine. I didnt have enough time to gather my thoughts I was just focusing on staying alive as well as keeping Rose alive.

My body felt as if it was about to collapse, knees weak, hot blood running down my body which I was sure if it was mine Rose's or James's, but I used all my strength trying to keep consciousness knowing I was in a life or death situation and it wasnt just my life on the line.

I picked up the closest weapon which was a blunt knife and ran out side the tent seeing coloured dots and fighting against the urge off passing out.

Corpses here and there made a swipe at me but none where quick or strong enough to rip through my jacket. Some of them where trailing not far behind me but most of them had been preoccupied by James and the gun shot.

The multiple bags where slowing me down so I decided to ditch them just carrying Rose now. I wasnt going to get both of us killed over a few sleeping bags and water bottles.

Once I was free from the ropes and handles winding around my body I ran. I ran as fast as I could adrenaline rushing through me. I was at least 40ft away from the herd but that didnt stop me. The burning sensation in my legs reminded me of the first day of the out break when I ran home from that school not knowing what I was running into. If I knew this would be the outcome I might of been a bit slower.

Now all I could think about was y/f. God I hope she's okay, but what if she isnt? What if shes dead become of me. Just roaming around the maths department because I was to selfish to help her.

Dawn was breaking and I could see some sort of vehicle in the clearing of a field once I finally made my way out of the never ending woods. I carried on running knowing the cannibals where far behind me but I wanted to put as much distance between us as possible insuring they wouldnt come back to bite me later. Literally

Eventually I made it to the truck and climbed in its back collapsing putting my hand over Rose's mouth to stop her cries. My head slowly fell back and sprawled my self across the van letting myself drift of knowing we where safe. For now

I woke up dazed and confused the hot sun beating down on me. I was badly dehydrated which meant the baby was too. So bad it was life threating, I sat myself up and leaned over the sides of the tuck walls to see a few loose roamers still scratching and grabbing the air trying to get me. I let out a small chuckled from under my breathe knowing I beat them. I stood up rather wobbly and stabbed all 7 of them in the head getting my entire arm bloody I honestly didn't care now. After a year and half (almost 2 years) of this bullshit you get used to it. I hopped out the back of the truck leaving Rose since she was still fast asleep and pried open the doors which was surprisingly easy. A old phone, a raggity blanket, a tennis racket ? , a old handkerchief and WATER ! CLEANER BOTTLED WATER!

I let out a loud cheer and almost started crying. Never in my life would I off thought I would of been this happy to see water. Boy was I was wrong. I greedly gulped down half a bottle and stuffed the remaining 5 bottles in a old rucksack that was in the glove box also filling Roses baby bottle. After re hydrating and catching my breath I soon remembered last nights events. JAMES ! What was the gun shot!?

I left the bottles water in the back of the truck knowing they where safe along with the baby and ran straight towards the forest. I ran in a straight line last night so it shouldn't be that hard to find. On the way I collected the dropped bags and eventually... THERE IT IS! those 2 familiar tents one large blue one that James and Konnie shared and my small black one right besides them. I braced myself.

I ripped open the tent and saw

Nothing? Just a sleeping bag and my backpacks I had given to the group when this mess started. There was blood splattered across the walls of the tent but no body to been seen? He hadn't been bitten though. So where was the body..

'James where are you. I miss you. I'm scared.' I sunk down and curled myself into a ball weeping into James's sleeping bag. It smelled like him. I pulled myself together and told myself off for acting this way.

'Come on y/n snap out of it Mum wouldn't want this would she ? Neither would Konnie or Y/f'

I slung the rest of the bags over my shoulder and returned to my now new temporary set up. The blue rusty old pick up truck that I would for now call home, it wasn't great but it would do, the doors still closed so I had a warm safe place to sleep which gave me sense of security. For now I was good I had a place to sleep with storage in the back which is safe from cannibals, I had water, I had food I had weapons clothes and blankets. And I had Rose to keep me motivated, to keep me from giving up. She was the only thing keeping me going

I returned back to the truck staring at the sleeping baby wishing I could be as peaceful as her. Not a care In the world.

The sun was setting so I unfolded the sleeping bags and climbed in

'Everything is going to fine y/n everything it going to be fine'

Date : 19th November