Missing.

200 reads yayyy 💕💕

It was the next morning and Rick had rounded up some more groups so we could go back to the sanctuary and kill more saviours. I volunteered and was put with Maggie and Carol once again, once everyone had been placed I went on my way to find Maggie and Carol but first going to my room to pack my bags. I went to the house seeing Maggie and Glenn in the living room and I ran upstairs, I started to pack when a envelope caught my eye. I must of missed it when I woke up? I leaned over to my dressing table and picked up the note tearing of the seal.

Y/n

I cant keep killing anymore, your like a 2nd daughter to me and I can't bare the thought of loosing you. I've left Alexandria for my own good as well as everyone else's. Please don't come find me

- Carol

I dropped the note standing deadly still trying to process what I just read. I fell backwards and onto my bed in shock.

Carols gone? 2nd daughter ? Did Carol have a daughter? What happened to her ? Where did Carol go ? Why has she changed so suddenly ?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes tightly trying to hold back a tear chocking up.

I shook my head and snapped back to reality. I have to tell someone.

I ran down the stairs frantically practically falling down them shouting Glenn and Maggie's name repeatedly. They jumped up and put there hands on my shoulder asking me what was wrong.

'Carols gone' I said threw the wobly voice and tears. I was crying now.

I instantly turned around and ran to my room the other two sharing worried confused glances and rushing up the stairs behind me. I dove into my room and across to the bed picking up the letter handing it to them. There reaction was just like mine, well almost. I could tell they didn't have as many questions about the daughter thing like it did since they had been in a group since the start. After a minute or so of taking in this shocking new information we ran outside onto the streets of Alexandria looking for answers. We ran straight to Rick the man of the town.

'RICK RICK RICK!!' I screamed running up to him intrupting the conversation he was having with Eugene and Abraham.

'Carol - she's , gone.' I said panting leaning on my knees giving him the note I had gotten of Glenn and handing it to Rick.

"Well shit.." he mumbled

Carol's pov :

Midnight was approaching and more than half of Alexandria had fallen asleep, after last night's encounter with the saviours I had come to the realisation that I wasn't made for this. I wasn't made for killing. I couldn't do it and the only way out of it was to leave Alexandria. As much as I loved it and the people I had to leave for my sake and the people I loved.

I had to be sneaky, but before I left I had to make sure I wouldn't be a problem for the others. That they wouldn't waste there time and risk there lives looking for me. I decided that telling y/n would be the best options, she was like my daughter... like Sofia. I missed Sofia with all my heart and every morning without fail I would think about her and how much it hurt me to loose her, the pain was still as bad as it was all those years ago.

*for those who don't know Sofia was Carol's daughter who was bit by walkers, she was only about 10*

Y/n had filled a hole in my heart, she reminded me of Sofia and made the pain more numb, but Alexandria is digging its grave leading itself into war with the saviours and I didnt want to be there to watch my family die. If y/n died the hole in my heart would become even bigger.

Sofia
Lizzie
Mika
Sam

I had lost all these children and I wasn't about to loose y/n. So I had to go.

I wrote a letter to her. I told Maggie and Glenn i had to speak to her but really I was just sneaking into her room to leave her to note and hopefully disappear forever.

Y/n

I cant keep killing anymore, your like a 2nd daughter to me and I can't bare the thought of loosing you. I've left Alexandria for my own good as well as everyone else's. Please don't come find me

- Carol

My heart hurt while writing that and I may have even let a tear slip out. I sealed the envelope put it on y/n's desk and went to leave, I quickly turned around brushed the hair out of the sleeping girls face and kissed her on the forehead. Luckily she didn't wake up

"Be strong y/n ... your going to live. Your going to survive. This world won't win, you will . I love you" I whispered in her ear trying not to let the lump in my throat escape.

I finally left and walked down the stairs saying goodbye to Glenn and Maggie trying not to be suspicious. I walked out the door and didn't look back. That's was the last time I'm going to see those three...

I carried on walking down the street looking through the windows seeing familiar faces. I smiled to Carl Rick and Michonne as I walked past there house giving Carl a little wave, he was like my mischievous nephew. I was going to miss him too.

I finally got to a hole in the wall hidden away and slipped through unseen. I closed my eyes took a deep breathe and walked away.

Goodbye Alexandria

Date : 21st December