Just like you.

My mouth trembled for words as if I forgot everything in the dictionary right there. I finally found my strength to say something and said it with a stern face looking the person dead in the eyes.

'Alright cowboy who are you, where are your people and how did you find this place ?'

The boy was still in shock and stuttering not forming any real words

'YOU HEARD ME !?'

He violently shook his head snapping back to reality and started to talk

"Im just like you Im Ca- *he cleared his throat fighting as his voice got high pitched and you could hear the fear* Im Carl. Im about your age and my people.. um my people"

'Dont lie to me Carl. Like you said, Im just like you, im not dangerous just looking for safety like the rest of the living people on this earth. So, where are your people' I said with great confidence not breaking eye contact. I was actually suprised at how well I was taking the situation. Guess I was more capable than I thought.

"Okay okay I understand your just like us. Im in a town called Alexandria not far from here we're good people"

' Well then. Im sure you can guess what I'm about to ask '

"Yea of course we are always open to new members but ill only take you back on one condition"

I nodded in agreement

"You promise me right now right here that you arnt with anyone else. No other spy's around the corners. No people planning to attack me while I take you there. No one"

I was about to reply telling him I had a harmless baby back at the camp before her cries intrupted our conversation.

My heart dropped 'The baby.' I turned around and bolted through the super market smashing through the front glass as it was my quickest exit. Carl following me not knowing where I was going. Rose's crys grew louder as I got closer to the shack, once I got there her cries where fading when I burst open the door to see her missing.

'ROSE! THE BABY LOOK FOR A BABY CARL'

I ran out side frantically following the sound of her cries as they faded away into the distance not knowing what direction they where coming from.

Her cry soon became a figment of my imagination and were no longer heard. I dropped to my knees in disbelief refusing to believe what happened. 'OH NO NO NO NO ROSE, ROSE WHERE ARE YOU! ROS-' My voice cracked with unbelievable pain and tears flooded the floor as i screamed in sadness. 'SHE CANT BE GONE I HAVE TO FIND HER SHES LIKE MY DAUGHTER I LOVE HER' A lump blocked my throat stopping me from screaming and I fell hands and knees on the floor letting out any yells that would get past the lump.

'She can't be gone, she can't be. She can't be gone she can't be'

Carl was behind me the entire time only slightly aware of what was going on. "Whose Rose?" He asked sympathetically

'Rose. I saved her on the first day of the apocalypse from a car seat since her parents weren't there. Ever since I've been her parent. I named her I taught her how to speak. She's mine and she's gone. She was only baby Carl. Barely even 2.'

"Oh y/n.. im sorry.. I really am, how about I take you home and we can take care of you? I know how much pain you're in. I dont know how I would live if I lost my baby sister Judith..." he put out his hand and I took it wobly standing up as he lead me to his home...

Carls pov

It was noon ish and I had just told my dad I was going on a scavenging trip, things soon got boring so I slipped away past the forest and went on to explore new territory even though my dad was very strict about where I could go. I walked around for about 10 minutes and was about to head back until a building in the distance caught my eye