Collection.

1k reads wow- ily

The next morning the bright sun glared through the window blinding me as I opened my eyes. I rolled over to see a Carl shaped dent in the bed and sat up wondering where he could be.

I pulled my self up and swung my legs over the side of the bed streching my arms and rubbing my face getting ready to start the day, I opened the curtains fully only to see it was raining. Even though it was raining it was still sunny and there was a rainbow in the distance, I took myself over to Maggie's dresser and sat in the chair fixing my hair. Eventually I was ready and went out into the hall in search for Carl, I heard a sweet giggle followed by a loud laugh in the room next door.

I opened the door and saw Carl playing with Rose swinging her around and tickling her, they didn't notice me standing at the door frame until I said 'adorable, can I join in?'

"Oh hey y/n I didnt want to wake you ye-"

Rose wriggled free from Carls grip and crawled across the bed leaping over to me hugging me tightly, I placed my hand on her head and smiled
'Whats this for?'

"For bringing me here, I had a really good sleep last night for the first time in ages! I love it and Carl is really nice"

She pulled away and jumped back onto the bed me and Carl sitting down on the edge

'Well today I want you to meet everyone else, they are all very exited to meet you. First we are going to take you to Carls dad and we will work our way through'

Rose leaped up once again full of energy and ran to the door pacing eager to leave. Me and Carl exchanged glances and stood up walking Rose down stairs with her little hands in each of ours

'How about we get you some new clothes? Those ones look like they don't fit you and veryyy dirty' I said dragging out the y. I didnt have to ask twice she was already frantically nodding her head

"Jeezus you have alot of energy for a 7 year old!" Carl exclaimed

'Im sorry, im just happy to be in a place where I get taken care of im sorry'

"Wait no dont apologies I was just- never mind, yes this is a good place your going to like it here"

I laughed at Carl's lack of social skills and opened the doors to the clothing room then opened the box labelled young children. 'Here you go Rose, go wild'

The child started digging through the box and reached down to the bottom pulling out a beige jump suit along with a pair of odd socks and black boots. We let her get changed out of the ripped jeans, plain t shirt and school shoes. She instantly looked much happier than she was before, the last stop we took before going to meet people was the showers, her blonde long hair was a mess. It practically looked brown with the amount of dirt stuck in it and the ends where so tangled up It would be impossible to reverse.

'Your probably not going to like this Rose but im going to need to cut your hair' I said pulling out the blade from my key chain, she sighed and sat down as I sawed away at her matted hair until it was at the bottom of her ears, since I was already changing her hair I thought it would be cute to give her a fringe to top it of. Once her hair was cut she went into the shower, me and Carl sat outside on the stone steps talking.

"Shes the cutest thing I've ever seen i wish Judith was older so they could play together"

'Yea.. she really is. I really think she's the one Carl, baby Rose had blonde hair. She had blue eyes two! It has to be her'

Carl put his hand ontop of mine and nodded along "she fits the description y/n it must be her. You can ask her later about the whole sister business because she would be far to young to know her own name, so her 'dad' must of heard you shouting"

'Your right, i will. Thank you Carl, seriously thank you you've always been there for me. Been there to comfort me and take care of me I don't know-' Before I could finish my sentace I was cut of by Carls lips on mine

Carl's pov :

Y/n was talking about how much she appreciated me and how much she hopes the girl is Rose but all I could think about was how beautiful she was, even when she was worried I still found comfort in it. Without thinking and cutting of her sentance, I kissed her.

She didnt pull away, we just sat there as I kissed her. We finally pulled away and I leant my head on hers until she burst out laughing

"Whats so funny!!"

She struggled to form words but I heard a 'nothing nothing!' Thrown in there as she sat back up, threw her arms around my shoulder kissing me again. I smiled slightly but not so much to ruin it loving the fact she directed this one which meant she liked me as much as I liked her. We heard a little giggle and a few foot steps

Y/ns pov :

Everything was perfect until something embarrassing happened. We parted and looked up to see Rose standing in her new clothes dirt free giggling and poiting at us

"Y/n loved Carl y/n loves Carl!!"

Carl stood up and picked her up by the arms tickling her until she fell on the floor and I joined in a laughing mess

'Thats not true!'

Carl froze and looked at me with a slight sad expression

'I don't just love him he loves me too!'

His frown turned in a smile realising he had been tricked, Rose carried on laughing hugging her sides to stop us tickling her and sat up

"Fineeee! Carl loves y/n and y/n loves Carl" she chanted over and over again. We finally stopped tormenting each other and took a moment to catch our breathe until eventually we started walking down the street to introduce her to Rick.

I held her small hand on the porch waiting for someone to open the door, the lock clicked and Daryl appeared

"Hey kiddo, this the little girl you talkin' bout?" He questioned streching out his arms for a hug

I did so and replied 'sure is! I was about to ask Rick to help me introduce her to eveyone'

"Rick's busy at the moment why don't I help you?"

We all agreed and went from door to door introducing Rose. It was a hit eveyone loved her sweet bubbly personality, it wasn't soon after that there was a loud banging at the gates

Negan

Of course ! He had come for his weekly collections. Everytime this happened most of the Alexandria's residents gathered round to see what we where giving up and how much was left for us. It had been a pretty dry week for us and we barely had enough supplies for our own people never mind Negans.

We where all standing around Negans truck watching Rick pile up our food and putting it in the van while Negan smiled looking around at our miserable faces. His eyes stopped at me and dropped down reaching Rose who was trembling behind me and Carl, he slowly walked over until we where less than 10cm apart

"Excuse my French y/n but did you steal this fucking young girl from me!?"

I narrowed my eyes and gave him a smirk 'cute. You think I stole her?' I whispered only loud enough for the 4 of us to hear

'I didnt steal shit from you Negan, I found her in the woods running for her life screaming crying and begging for help. Yes she was from your sanctuary but she's mine now.'

Negan looked me up and down raising his eyebrows kneeling down to Rose's height putting his finger on  her chin. He slowly stood up and returned to his now full truck signaling for it to drive away. I was quite shocked that he walked away from an argument but knew it wouldn't be over. He had a plan i knew it.

Soon after Negan had left things returned to normal only people where more agitated and worried than before. By the time next weeks collection is due we would have nothing left to give.

Date : January 27th 2021

Sorry for late update! I'm kinda struggling to pick a direction for this story so if any one has any ideas please comment!<3