Thick Breath.

I pressed down on the pedals and put my car into gear.

I was now heading full speed towards the gates.

Y/n pov :

The hoard was getting thicker and thicker and soon we would be drowning in walker's with no way out. We had a matter of minutes before we where dead.

This is my fault !

Shit!

I'm so fucking stupid!

I put the lives of countless people in the hands of a fucking ten year old of course she couldn't do it she was to young! I should of just done it myself why would I let someone else do it?

(I've completely lost track of everyone's age so let's just roll with it shall we ?)

FUCK! Walker's had started to get hold of people futher down and they where slowly making there way up.

Ryan, lives down the street from me with his girlfriend Anne. He went on supply runs and once brought back a shit load of beer and alcohol which resulted in one of the best nights in Alexandria. His neck had just been torn wide open from behind his screams diverting them towards him giving me Carl and the others room but only killing others near himself.

Avery, she was standing right besides Ryan and was bitten seconds later. She was only a few years older than me, she would talk to me weekly and come over to take care of Rose if Carol was unavailable. She was bitten on the back.

Three others had screamed and collapsed to the ground drenched in their own blood but I was to occupied to even look at them. I would find out once I got home and shed a few tears. That was if I even got home. I was starting to loose hope and I was getting weaker by the second until I heard a car engine in the far distance and all of my will to live suddenly jumped back out.

Rose's pov :

I'm doing it. I'm doing it! IM DOING IT!
I WAS DRIVING! A sense of accomplishment washed over me but now wasn't the time to celebrate my new skill. I was getting closer to the hoard and was starting to see faces. I could see y/n covered in blood and so was Carl.

I pushed down on the horn as hard as possible while gathering a top speed,
I was near 100mph. I started slowing down once I got into range and walker's started to notice me. I stopped the car on the side of the road and checked the windows 4 or 5 times for my safety before pressing the horn again. Checked all the doors twice. Pushed down on the horn. I was completely locked in and they had started to pile against the sides, I could see them getting thinner around y/n. Dozens of them where coming towards me, there grey hands slamming against the windows for me to let them in.

I was starting to feel claustrophobic and didn't want to look at there decomposing faces so I hugging the steering wheel burring my face in my arms pushing down on the car horn hoping that I have done enough

There was a hundred or so now and I  could no longer see above their heads, only their rotting skin pressed against the windows, they had managed to get on the roof so If this didn't work I had no escape plan. The car was starting to rock

Y/n's pov :

It was working. My heart was skipping beats my knees where trembling but I carried on fighting, the car horn was deafening and would 100% get the walker's attention

"THE FUCK IS THAT NOISE?" Daryl shouted

'ITS ROSE. SHES DRAWING AWAY THE WALKERS JUST KEEP FIGHTING ITS GOING TO WORK' I yelled back

After that sentance I could tell the shift in the attitude, everyone's posture suddenly straightened, walker's started to drop fast, blood was pooling even faster. I had given them hope and we where all trying to save each other.

I could see the end of the hoard now, it was about 300 walkers away.

'MICHONNE CAN YOU MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE END AND START KILLING THEM FROM BEHIND?'

She nodded and ran around swinging her katana in every direction, the area was becoming breatheable again although every time I took a step I almost tripped over a arm or a leg, this was going to take some serious cleaning up. I could see Michonne getting closer making a path of dead walker's leading to us. Only a 100 or so left until we had to deal with Rose.

We all ran around the edges forming a circle trapping them in the middle,

Me, Carl, Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Maggie even Carol and countless others.

After another 10 minutes of exhaustion, my arms aching, my ears going dead from the car horn it was done. My breathing was thick I felt as if I was choking on it.

"We arnt done yet. There is another 50 or so desperately trying to eat Rose cmon" Daryl said leading us towards the main road, he was right and I was desperately hoping she was okay. I would never forgive myself if something went wrong. I gathered any extra adrenaline I had left in me and squeezed it out running full speed towards the car.

'Holy shit'

It was more than 50. The car was engulfed in walker's to the point you couldn't even tell there was a car underneath if it wasn't for the horn.
I instantly started stabbing at skulls ripping them away as if I were opening a Christmas present. One by one the car became more visible the windows matching the bright red colour of the car, covered in blood. The windows where so heavily packed with organs I couldn't even see Rose. I climbed onto the roof throwing down the walker's for Carl to take care of and scraped at the sunroof ripping It open crawling inside the car.

Everyone was  frantically trying to open the doors so I leaned over and pressed the latch to unlock them. They all leaned in to see Rose.

Rose's body was slumped over the steering wheel

She was covered in blood.

November 14th 2021