Your alive!

Carl's pov :

She was in shock, y/ns hands covered her mouth and her knees started to shake eventually pulling her to the ground. Her eyes where welling up but I knew these where tears of joy.

Rose was the first one to make a move between the 3 of us flying straight over to y/n grabbing her tightly. I was next, I ran as fast as I could in her direction the smile on my face uncontrollable, tears rolling down all 3 of our cheeks. I picked up y/n her arms swinging around me and buried my face in her shoulder

'Your alive! Your alive your alive your alive!' I muffled into her

She did the same holding the back of my head crying into me mumbling things like "I thought I'd never see you again"

It was like something out of a movie, it was perfect.

Y/ns pov :

It was unbelievable, here I was standing with the love of my life and a child I treated as my own after weeks of thinking they where gone! I can't belive I ever lost hope, of course they made it! I never wanted to let go of them again. My arms where so tighly wrapped around them I thought I was crushing them but they where doing the same back

Eventually we let go and wiped the tears of each others eyes with the end of our sleeves, but no matter how many times Carl wiped away my tears more came out, he put his hand on my cheek and we looked each other in the eyes laughing in disbelief. He kissed me on the forehead and we headed back to the picnic table to fill each other on what's happened.

Time skip

I told Carl about the situation we where in and how we where all living in Kingdom running low on supplies but I had made a plan ect and he told me about how him and Rose survived in the woods for so long

'Jeezus is you head okay ? Sounds like a long drop!' I laughed and felt the back of Carl's head

"Yea I'm alright, I think. May of lost a few brain cells" he laughed back slapping my hand away

Rose giggled and quietly said "bit more than a few" sipping her lemonade, Carl gave her a unimpressed look but ended up laughing

The sun has started to set and the sky was lit up with orange and yellow, it hadn't felt like hours had passed but we started to pack up and make our way back to Kingdom. I gave Clementine the biggest hug thanking her for bringing us toghether and we left. Me Carl and Rose toghether again.

On the way back there was stray walkers here and there but nothing too threatening, by the looks of it Carl had been teaching Rose to kill walkers because for the first time in my life I saw her run up and impale a walker in the back of the skull. In all honesty it was a pretty impressive kill but I was still protective over her and pulled her back to me silently telling her to stay close and leave the killing to me and Carl.

I leaned over to Carl and whispered in his ear 'Did you teach her that ?' He shrugged his shoulders and replied "I have no idea,mabye ? But I've never seen her really kill one. She might of picked it up when we take her on runs, or when I passed out at that cliff" I nodded and continued down the trail home and eventually the gates where in sight.

It felt weirdly nostalgic, it reminded me of the first time me and Carl met and he brought me to the gates of Alexandria.
Eugene was on watch duty tonight like he normally was, he liked being high up from harms way, he leaned over the edge and I heard him let out a gasp at the sight of Carl and Rose. A smile streched across his face and he opened the gates, proceeding to run down from the tower and grabbing all three of us in a big hug.

Rose was grabbing his leg buring herself into his stomach, she loved Eugene, he would read her bed time stories which I wouldn't exactly call stories but more like science books but she loved them. He would also do fun experiments with her like mini volcanos and various things with balloons which I always found quite interesting as well.

Carl laughed and I could see a tear forming in his eye as he realised he was finally home. He parted from the hug and pat Eugene on the back in a manor that said "I missed you man"

We moved on and walked down the streets passing various people like Rosita who gave us a big hug also. She was still in cruches so we did most of it but it was still nice, she was tearing up as well. Then it was Ezekiel with his strange king charm calling us by the names of maiden, princess and Prince. It was strange of course but I'm sure Carl and Rose missed his insanity.

Then Morgan
Then Jesus
A few other people and once we had finished walking around the town it was finally time to reach our most important targets.

Carol was first,
We knocked on her door and she opened it expecting just me but clasped her hands over her mouth when she realised who there also. She pulled us into a hug and grabbed the back of Carl and Rose's head crying into them, she kneeled down the Rose's hight and gave her a kiss on the forehead then back to Carl's hight and did the same.

Carl wiped away her tears as well as his own and she ushered us away telling us to greet the others.

Next It was Maggie,
The same process went through with knocking on the door followed by initial shock and then in her own little way told us of "damn you boy, you scared the shit out of me, you know how much we love you! You too Rose! How could we live without your daily chaotic shows" She said pinching her nose in a motherly manor, there was pain and relief in her voice

She kissed us all on the cheek and we moved on, I new the rest of our friends/family would all be in the same house

Rick Michonne Judith and Daryl

This was it. Carl was finally home. After weeks of worrying and sleepless nights Rick would reunite with his son.

Rose and Carl hid behind the porch and we made a plan, I would knock on the door and they would let me in, next I would lead them all to the kitchen next door and give some kind of signal for Carl and Rose to sneak in and sit on the couch. And when I sent eveyone back to the living room they would have the biggest shock of their life.

I knocked on the door and Daryl answered it scuffing up my hair and inviting me in "hey kid, what you doing here so late ?"

'Nothing just couldn't sleep' I said with my best poker face, I headed straight to the kitchen and looked for a distraction.
There was a box of cereal up on the shelf that I climbed up and grabbed, I opened the window as quietly as possible then shouted through

'HEY GUYS, WHERES YOUR CERAL?'

Both Rick and Michonne replied with "on the shelf" which I replied back with 'um no its not ?'

Rick and Michonne were out of the living room with Judith in Rick's arms, now I just needed Daryl.

'DARYL YOU'RE THE TALLEST COME HERE PLEASE' I knew that this would be a good enough signal for Rose and Carl to sneak in, I heard the door click and shuffles to the sofa. While eveyone was looking for the missing cereal box i discreetly pulled it back in through the window and stated 'oh I found it ! It's okay'

They all shrugged and headed back to the living room for a unexpected surprise.

There was Carl sitting proudly with tears streaming down his face and Rose besides him wearing his hat.

"Holy shit"

Date : 26th July 2021

Sorry for slow updates <3