Getting to know her

~ Carlos's pov~
So.....here I am, I guess.

At a strange camp.

In a different state.

And it all goes together with this new world that I was dragged into from the moment I was born. O and get this, I'm the son of son really powerful God, but they don't know which yet so I have to stay in the most crowded cabin in the camp who's parent ( I guess that's what they call them? Their parent's cabin?) is Hermes.

I'm taking this all in as Chiron, the camp's activities director, along with this guy, apparently he's the wine God, as they make coffee while they wait for some person they sent for to get here.

"So.....what your telling me is that I'm a demigod, half God half mortal. This is a camp for demigods and the only safe place for our kind. That Mr. D is a God. Monsters are real and I'm just supposed to except all of this?!"

"Yep!" Chiron said happily as he drank some coffee," and the good news is that your not the only one, as you know already from meeting Jade"

"Yea... What's with that girl anyway? She almost got killed today and she acted like it was no big deal and this happens to her all the time" I asked a bit angry as I picked up a hotdog and threw it as a leopard head nailed to the wall, which non surprisingly, ate it.

"It's not all new to her, that's why and yes, every time she leaves camp monsters try to kill her and she's gotten used to that. She's been here for 3 years now" Chiron said matter-of-faculty. ( Jade got to camp at age 10)

"Wow...."

About a few mins later I could hear foot steps and I turned around to see Jade walking over to us wearing shorts, a orange shirt that said CHB, and flip flops, along with a necklace with 2 strange beads on it.

"You wanted to see me Chiron?" She asked as she leaned against the wall looking tired, well who wouldn't after killing the supposed monsters that were chasing us to this place.

"Yes, Jade I would like if you could show Carlos here around camp then bring him to the Hermes cabin to get settled in"

"Alright" she stretched her arms as she stood up straight, "come on Carlos, and bring your backpack" then she walked away as if expecting me to follow her.

Which I ended up doing since I didn't know where to go and she was my best shot of seeing if this place even existed and this wasn't some bad dream. When we walked out of the large baby blue farm house, the big house, that's what they call it, I was greeted with the sight of a lava rock wall, a bunch of cabins that didn't look anywhere remotely similar, a whole bunch of people wearing shirts like Jade a Pegasus flying towards a stable with people riding them.

"Whoa............." I said in awe.

Jade laughed at my outburst and continued walking, "come on mister and close your mouth, you'll catch flies"

I hadn't even realized my mouth was hanging open and closed it, "so this place is actually real?"

"Yep, what were you expecting? Some kind of prank? You'll get enough of those from the Hermes kids"

"The who kids?"

"Hermes, they're the kids of the God Hermes"

"O......" I said feeling stupid, 'I should know this stuff' I thought to myself, 'I learned this stuff in school! Now it's just coming to life....'

"So.." I said out loud this time, "who's my parent?"

"Don't know, you haven't been claimed yet"

"Claimed?"

"It's when your parent sends a sign saying that your their kid"

"Oh..ok" I kept looking around in awe.

We passed a weapons making place, the forge as they called it; the stables where the Pegasus were kept; a lake and beach; volleyball/ basketball court; and a lot of other stuff

🍃 a long tour of the camp later 🍃
When we finally got to the cabins I noticed all the looks Jade was getting from the other campers.

"Why are they looking at you like that?" I asked her as we walked over to a cabin that looked like one you would find at a sleep away camp.

She stiffened a bit, "they...they just don't like me, that's all. Nothing bad"

"Why don't they like you?"

"I'm a ninja that's why. Most people hear don't think someone like me, who's been trained to be one since they were 5 should be here, at a camp for the children of the Greek Gods. They think I should be back with my clan"

"Oh...." I said not knowing what else to say but, "I think it's cool, you being a ninja and all"

She smiled weakly at me once we got to the cabin, "thanks.. This is the Hermes cabin where you'll be staying until you get claimed"

A kid about a foot taller then Jade came out of the cabin and sat down on the steps leading up to it, "hey Jade" he said giving her a smile.

"Hi" Jade said waving a bit,obviously finding it nice that he said hi to her and not stare creepily at her.

Then he noticed me, "I'm Conner Stoll, I'm the counselor, or head person of this cabin, along with my twin Travis. I'll show you around the place"

"Alright...I'm Carlos, I got here today"

"I know" he said shaking my hand, "not much gets past anyone here when a new camper arrives"

"Alright..."

"Ok, so I'll be leaving now, Conner, take care of him and don't steel anything of his until a week has gone by, alright?" Jade said then walked away leaving me with Conner.

"Man..she takes away all the fun...." Then he turned to me, "so, shall we get you settled in?

And with that I was introduced to about 34 new people and was settled in.

I couldn't help thinking about Jade threw the whole thing, feeling a bit bad for her, 'I'll talk to her tomorrow' I decided as I laid down in a sleeping bag that was given to me.