Valentines day? More like concert day

🍃 skip a few weeks 🍃
~ Jade's pov ~
today was Valentine's Day

Ew...

Good thing that there's a party tonight.

But...... Bad news is that someone found out that I like to sing when I'm alone in my cabin and recorded me.

So now I'm singing one of the songs that is going to be played. A bunch of bands are going to be playing formed by the campers of course.

There are 7 from the Apollo cabin (Carlos is in a band as well, he got drafted in when they found out he can play the drums XD).

4 from the Aphrodite cabin.

10 from the Hermes cabin (they're actually good).

And 13 others made of mixed cabins.

My brother percy is even going to be playing with his band that he's in with the other 6 of the prophecy.

"Jade come on! We've got to go!" Carlos said banging on the door to my cabin.

I sigh as I put of my fingerless gloves and put my hair into a braid, "hold your horses, I'm going. You don't have to break the door down" I open the door to reveal a vary pissed off Carlos.

"What's wrong with you?"

"You took to long!"

"You got hear a minute ago, so don't be complaining. Be happy I'm not an Aphrodite kid. I would of made you wait 30 more mins."

"Haha, vary funny" Carlos says as he puts his hands behind his head and we walk down to the beach where the party is going to be. People are hanging up lights and staking tiki torches while others are setting up the stage.

"So what's your bands name again? Taco mix?"

"No! It's called Music"

"Wow........nice name....how long did it take you to decide on that?"

"We didn't pick it ok?! Cathrin from the Athena cabin, the one who was singing up all the bands, chose the name for us since we were arguing over what the name would be"

"Nice....." I said trying not to laugh.

"Laugh it up. I will be when you have to sing on stage"

My face turns light pink, "h-hey! I'm already nervous! Don't make me anymore!"

"Alright, I won't. Hey what song are you going to sing anyway?"

"The Phoenix, it was the only song that wasn't a love song"

"Wow..your performance will be interesting then"

I glare at him.

🍃 the party 🍃

~ Carlos's pov ~
'It's starting.....' I think as I sit at a table with the people in my band. We only played 2 songs but the crowed loved it.

Now it's Jade's turn, I hope she doesn't have stage fright...

"Ok, keep in mind that this is going to be the first song I've ever sang in front of an audience. Oh and this was the only song from a list of songs I could sing that wasn't a love song"

🎼 play song 🎼 -(the Phoenix by nightcore)
She starts singing and I'm in awe.

"She's so good!" Kylie yelled to me over the music.

"Yea she is!" I yell back at her.

'I can't believe she's this good and this is her first time!' I think as I clap on the beat with a lot of other people.

"Hey Carlos, if your going to tell her that you like her you might want to do it soon before someone else dose" my brother Jake tells me at a half whisper shout.

"I-I don't like her like that!" I say as my face gets red, "we're just friends!"

"Right...." He says looking back at the stage where Jade is singing, "is that why your mouth is hanging open and your only watching her on the stage?"

My face gets even redder and jake starts to laugh.

"It's not funny!"

"O yea it is, just watching you trying to deny you like her makes it funny" he laughs.

I sigh and look back at the stage, 'I don't know how I feel about her anymore' I think to myself as I watch her sing and move awkwardly around on the stage, 'but...I don't want to see her with anyone else.... Am I in love with Jade?' I ask myself as I watch her.

I shake my head and push the thought aside, promising myself to think about it later.

For now, I just watch my best friend dance in her funny way and sing her heart out.

At the end of the song Jade let's out a nervous laugh, "thanks for listening" then she puts the mic. On it's stand and sprints off stage.

I laugh as she dose knowing she must of been freaking out threw the whole thing

Later on she finds me and jumps onto my back, "found you!" She yells above the noise to me.

"Being so little it must of been hard for you, wasn't it?" I chuckle as I hear her grumble insults at me.

" I heard that"

"I know" She says while I laugh