Remembering the past

~ Jade's pov~
As I walk to my cabin I reserve stares from the other campers
You would think that they would just get over it and move on with their lives.

My hight don't help either, I'm really short, 4'0 to be correct; and I don't seem to grow which gives the others another reason to point, stare, and whisper about me.

I wish that they would jut come over and talk to me and get to know me. I wish someone would do that.....but that's only happened once, when I was back with my clan.... And that person died because because they took the time to get to know me.

🌾 remembering the past 🌾
🎼 play song 🎼
Even there, with my clan I was considered weird and was cast aside. All because strange things would happen around me that involved water.
No one would talk to me, only when I got assigned a mission or because they wanted to know what I wanted for dinner.

But then, a girl was found abandoned in an ally and my clan took her in. Her name was Jessie. She was raised to be like one of us. Jessie became my best friend because she wanted to know why everyone avoided me.
When she found out, she didn't get scared and run away. No, she wasn't like that, she thought it was cool and told me I should figure out why it was happening and she would help me.

But then... That changed

We were 9

A year before I came to camp.

She was ordered to kill me.

🎴flash back 🎴
I was sitting in my room reading when I heard a knock on the door, "hello? Jade can I come in?"

I smiled knowing it was Jessie, "yea, come on in" I put down my book and turned around as the door opened. But then a kuni was thrown at me and cut my cheek, "what?...." I looked at the doorway and to my horror Jessie was there with 5 kuni and her katana.

"Jessie?" I asked scared, I never wanted this to happen.

"I'm sorry Jade. But I have to do this, I was ordered to"

she threw another kuni at me but I blocked it with a kuni of my own, "By who?!"

"Your mother"

I gasped and tears started to fall down my face.

"She thinks your to powerful for our clans good, and you keep causing trouble for us with the water. So she told me to kill you"
I cried silent tears as she told me. Then she ran towards me with her katana drawn and struck a blow to my arm causing me to bleed.

My reflexes went on auto pilot.

I grabbed her wrist.

Turned her around.

Put one hand on her neck to keep her down and forced her, by controlling her wrist and hand to stab herself in the heart with her own sword.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I stared at what I had done in horror. Then I heard footsteps and the drawing of swords. So I fled, I jumped out of the window in my room and ran away.

The only thing with me was a backpack full of ninja tools along with a sleeping bag that was for some reason in the bag.

I ran.

Far far away.

I lived in Washington DC, in China town. My clan had moved from Japan to there 3 generations ago.

I ended up running out of the state and to Pennsylvania where I lived on the streets. Running away or killing monsters.

It wasn't until I turned 10 when a saydar found me and took me to camp.

It was Grover who found me, but by then I couldn't trust anyone. Trust had become a meaningless word to me with no meaning. He brought me to camp and a day later I was claimed a daughter of Poseidon.

No one liked me.

No one got to know me.

I was always lonely.

Like I am now.

🎴 the present 🎴
I got to my cabin and laid down on my bed and hugged my pillow
Tears fell down my face without my noticing.

I was broken.

Not from the campers, they didn't break me.

My clan did.

Running away did.

And that's a sad thing to happen to someone, having your own family break you.