A good day turned bad

~ Jade's pov ~
The next day me and Carlos were walking down to the beach. It was ok to now that my stitches had been taken out.

I'm wearing a loose belly shirt, shorts and flip flops today. Not caring how I look since everyone stares at me like I'm a freak anyway. You can see the long scar on the side of my stomach clearly with the shirt I'm waring, it runs from the bottom rib in my rib cage to the middle.

I stretch and run my hands threw my long red hair, "I'm so tired today" I say to Carlos as I yawn and we walk down to the water, kicking up sand as we go.

"Well the concert went pretty late last night, and you just had to wake up at the ungodly hour of 10:00 when everyone else will be sleeping in till noon today." He said yawning as well.

I sit down on the sand and let the waves roll over my feet, "well you didn't have to wake up"

"Correction, I did because 1. Will told me to and 2. You stepped on me this morning!"

"Well that's because you were sleeping on the porch of my cabin!"

"That's because I couldn't get into my cabin!"

"So you slept outside of my cabin instead of going to the big house?"

"......yes?........."

"Stalker"

"Am not!"

"Are to!"

"Not"

"Are"

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

"Yes"

"No"

"Yes"

I start laughing, "I got you to mess up"

Carlos crosses his arms and huffs out a breath, "your tricky"

I stick my tongue out at him.

"Hey did you really mean what you said back at the infirmary?"

"What?"

"The part where I was the only person who talks to you? Because it seems like Conner and Travis talk to you"

I sigh and lean back on my arms and look out at the sound, "yea, I really did mean that. Conner and Travis only talk to me when they want something or we have to work together or something like that"

"Oh"

"Yea...."

~ Carlos's pov ~
"So why did you want to come out here before everyone woke up?"

"Because doing things like this in camp, when no one else is around, makes me feel like I'm apart of this camp in some way..... Like I'm not treated like a freak."

"Your not a freak" I tell her standing next to her and looking down at her.

She's so small and looks tiny sitting in the sand.

'For some reason I feel like I'm her big brother, is that normal?' I ask/ think to myself, I forget about it and catch the last bit of what she says.

"What was that?"

She chuckles, "I said thank you, you big dope"

I smile, I finally made her laugh. It's nice seeing her like this instead of her usual moody self when she's around the others.

"Hey Carlos"

"Hum?"

"You remind me of someone I knew a long time ago"

"Who?"

"My brother. We'll blood related one"

"O really? How?"

"Your both tall, know how to fix people's wounds, and have blond hair. The only difference is that you talk to me and he didn't"

"Is that a good thing or bad?"

"Good thing"

I smile, 'she thinks I'm her friend' I think happily to myself.

She gets up and brushes the sand off her shorts, "let's go back to camp. I'm hungry, you?"

"Starving" I say as my stomach growls

🎼 play song 🎼
She laughs and we run to the dining pavilion telling each other bad jokes but laughing at them anyway.

When we get there the other campers are there. Jade stops laughing immediately and all the warmth and happiness drains from her face.

'I thought she didn't care how people looked at her today' I thought as we grabbed plates and sacrificed some of our food.

They had lifted the rules for where we had to sit so I walked with Jade to an empty table. People kept looking at Jade's exposed stomach where her scar is.

I could hear some of the comments flying around the dining pavilion.

"She should of died"

"How is she still alive?"

"Look at her scare"

"Why dose she have a healer with her?"

"She actually has a friend?" Fake laughing follows after that comment.

I looked at Jade who was sitting across from me and I could tell that she could hear them.

She was blinking away tears.

"Jade?"

She shakes her head, "I'm fine" she says quietly and eats a blue pancake.

"You sure?"

She nods.

I clench my fist a little knowing I can't doing anything to make the mean comments stop flying around.

We sit there for 10 more minuses and the comments won't stop.

"Why is she here?"

"She's alive?"

"Jade? Who's that?"

"Freak"

"The short scared girl"

"Look!"

"There she is"

~ Jade 's pov~
'I can't take it anymore!' I think as I get up, knocking my plate to the floor and run out of the dining pavilion.

"Jade!" I hear Carlos shout after me.

I don't listen and run.

I can hear him vaguely though, yelling at the other campers for treating me like they did and for saying such mean things.

I run into the woods and run until I get lost. When I do I collapse under a tree and break down. I put up a strong front in front of the others. A mold, not the real me. I can show that to Carlos, Chiron and the Gods but........

It hurts, hearing those words the others have to say. Not being able to be me all the time.

The nature sprits come out of their trees, see me crying, and come to comfort me. They hug me and play with my hair like they usually do when I run into the woods to cry. One of them breaks away from the rest and goes tell Chiron where I am. They always do so he knows where to come and get me once I'm crying and can do something other then cry.