Recovering to see the band

~ Carlos's pov ~
Once we got jade stitched up, she was put in the infirmary and had to stay there until her wounds had healed enough where the stitches wouldn't rip of she moved.

I was put in charge of her care. It's been 3 weeks since capture the flag and the operation on Jade.

She hasn't woken up yet.....

I've learned some healing but I'm still a beginner, I've been taught enough to know what to do when Jade wakes up or if her stitches come undone. Otherwise the others have to help.

Chiron sent a group of campers into the woods to find what attacked Jade, they came back 3 days later with the news that it was a northern giant and that they had taken care of it, when they found it, it looked completely fine besides the throwing star that apparently it had stepped on.

Tomorrow night, some of my brothers and sisters are going to preform in front of the whole camp. They picked tomorrow since it's the anniversary of the battle against Gaia. They put together a band 3 months ago and wanted to play some songs they learned to play. Tomorrow is also the day Jade would be able to leave the infirmary if she woke up today.

I sigh and look look don at her sleeping face, I've come to think of myself as her friend even if she doesn't think so. I look down at my clip board and jot down the usual stuff.

Still sleeping. Stitches haven't split. Etc...

As I'm writing I hear a little groan and look down to see Jade's eyes open, "hey! Your awake!"

Her eyebrow goes up, "where am I? And why are you holding a clipboard?" She asks me as she looks around, "oh cancel my first question, I'm in the infirmary but tell me my second question"

I chuckle a little, "I'm holding a clip board because I was assigned to look after you to make sure you didn't pop your stitches. The night we had capture the flag I was claimed by Apollo"

She nods, "ok....hey how long was I sleeping?"

"3 weeks"

"WHAT?!?!" She shot straight up in bed and the laid back down groaning, "not doing that again......"

"You were serially injured, so don't be surprised. I'm going to get Will, be right back"

I walked over to will who was reading a comic book in Greek, "hey Will, she's awake"

"I thought so, I heard a scream"  he said chuckling as he gets up and walks over to the bed Jade is laying in.

"So how are you feeling?"

"Like I was implanted, had the thing implanted in me taken out, then stitched up"

"Well that's to be expected since that did happen. Your lucky to be alive"

She nods, "do you know what attacked me? I couldn't do anything before I was knocked unconscious"

"Yea, it was a northern giant" I told her sitting in the chair at the foot of her bed, tired of standing.

she groans, "really? One of them? Great......"

"Well on the bright side, now you get to go to the concert tomorrow night" Will said happily.

"Concert?"

"Yea, some of our siblings put a band together 3 months ago and are going to play a few songs they learned to play tomorrow since... Well you know better then I do what happened" I told Jade.

She nods, "yea I do" she stretches and I could hear her shoulder crack, "so when can I leave and are there any restrictions for when I do?"

"Yea.." Will said looking at his clip board, "you can leave tomorrow, but you can't start practicing until next week, and Carlos has to stay with you all day for the next two days until curfew"

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, "why me?! I'm the least qualified!"

"Your going to stay with her because your her closest friend in the Apollo cabin from what I can tell. Isn't that right Jade?"

I looked at Jade and was surprised when she nodded, "Yea....you could be the only one who talks to me at camp Carlos" she said sadly putting her hands behind her head, "alright, I'm ok with those restrictions, as long as I can eat blue cookies I'm ok" she said smiling.

"Blue cookies?" I asked confused.

"It's a Poseidon thing" Will told me.

🍃 the next day/ night 🍃
~ jades pov ~
As the band play their songs, I'm sitting on a table with Carlos eating a plate of blue chocolate chip cookies.

"These are good" he said stuffing his face with cookies.

I laughed and ate a few as well.

"So how do you like the band?"

"There good"

"And for out last song, we're going to play a tribute to Leo Valdez who is still MIA today and the ones we lost that day"

🎼 play song 🎼
" Who's Leo Valdez?" Carlos asked as the band started singing.

"He's one of the 7 who defeated Gaia. He's a child of Hephaestus. We've asked his dad where is is, but when we did he only smiled and said that we'll have to find him ourselves. To think of it as a new goal for the Hephaestus cabin"

"So he knows where he is?"

"Possibly"

"Have they found anything yet?"

"Just a couple leads that keep leading to auto and garden shops"

"Weird"

"Yea"

We soon ran out of cookies and we sat back and listened to the band as they finished their song.