Capture the flag

3 weeks later
~ Carlos's pov ~
The next morning I woke up to Conner shaking me wake. He looked really exited as well and couldn't keep his grin off his face, I've learned over these 3 weeks to be worried when he smiled like that.

I checked to see if I still had my wallet and thankfully I did, "Why are you so hipper today?" I asked getting up and stretching. The floor was hard, ok?

"Today is capture the flag!!!!"

"And that is?......"

Conner laughed, "I forgot, you've never played! It's like hide and seek, but your trying to get a flag, and might get hurt, an you get to use weapons...." He went on explaining it

"Ok! I get it! So when are they and which cabins are on our side?"

Travis walked over grinning like his brother, "we've got Athena, Apollo, Ares, and Poseidon on our side! Can you believe our luck?! Those are the smartest cabins here!!! And then there's the Poseidon cabin who are really good to have on your side as well as Ares"

"Wow.... So this must be a really big deal"

Conner and Travis jump up and down like little kids, "you've got no idea!"

"So what time is it at?" I asked them as I looked around for my sword.

It could turn into a key chain with a picture of a sun on it which, I thought it was cool, it also fit me perfectly, or that's what the others say.
When I finally found it I clipped it to the belt loop on my jeans and pulled my shoes on.

"It's after dinner!"

"Alright"
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
💥 time skip: dinar time 💥
I was eating at my table with the others from the Hermes cabin when Chiron stomped his hoof.

You heard me right.

I said hoof.

Anyway.........................

"Attention! Attention!!" Chiron bellowed over the exited campers, "tonight is capture the flag!"

A roar of approval went up.

"It will start in 6 mins. Get to your starting positions! Go!"

And with that everyone ran out of the dining pavilion.

I ran after Conner, "so it's starting huh?"

"You bet it is!!" He whooped along with everyone else on our team.

I noticed one person though who wasn't smiling.

It was Jade. She looked depressed and her eyes were a bit red.

'I'll have to talk to her after the game' I thought to myself.

I was positioned guarding the flag with Travis while everyone else ran to meet the enemy.

Just then Chiron was heard all threw the forest.

"Ok! Start in
5!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
4!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
2!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
1! GO!!!!!!!!!"