rain

~ Carlos's pov ~
It started raining as I was looking for Jade.

She ran off once she couldn't take the mean words anymore.

I could tell that she was putting up a strong front by on the inside was trying not to let them get to her, in the end her strong front broke and she couldn't stand it anymore. So she ran so no one would see.

I yelled at everyone after that, they all seemed pretty embarrassed which I think was good for them I the long run. I hope they start to be kind to her.

🎼 play song 🎼
Chiron ran/ trotted over to me, "get on!"

"What's  going on?!"

"Tell you on the way!" He said as he picked me up off the ground and put me on his back and ran.

I held on for my dear life as he ran, "so what's going on?!"

"Jade is crying and lately when she dose it starts to rain and the camp floods. And I don't know how much more the camp can take"

I looked around to see that the water is up to everyone's knees, 'how didn't I notice?' I think to myself.

As we run more and more campers start to run after us, "what are you all doing?" I asked them.

"We're going to help you find Jade!" One of the campers said.

Chiron nods and we keep running. We run into the woods and go to a part I've never seen before. There we could hear Jade crying. It was like listening to a river dam breaking, around her, it was raining so much you couldn't even see.

"Carlos, you go in and calm her down"

"Alright" I said as I jumped off his back, opened an umbrella I was handed and walked into the heavy rain storm.

I could hear her crying. When I found her she was sitting against a tree.

"Hey"I said sitting down next to her and getting her under the umbrella, "why are you crying?" 

She sniffled, " I couldn't take it anymore and just....broke down where no one would notice me"

"Wrong, everyone noticed you, that's why we all came to get you"

"What?" She looked up at me, "the others are here too?" She looked around, "how? I don't see them. Why did they come?"

I chuckled at her expression, "they came because they finally 'woke up' and realized that your part of the camp to, your part of their family, you matter"

Jade smiled, "you made them realize that, didn't you"

I wiped her tears away as they fall down her face, "you ready to go back to camp yet?"

She nods, "yea"

I get up and help her up, as we walk back to the others the rain starts to stop.

Once we get back to the others the rain has stopped completely.

The others are all smiling.

"You ok?"

"We're sorry if we hurt you"

"You alright?"

Can be heard from the others. Jade smiles, I think it was the first time she's smiled at them because some of them looked surprised.

I chuckle, "let's go back to camp"

The others all agree and we head back.

"Hey Carlos?"

"Hum?"

"Thanks" Jade said and hugged me.

"For what?" I asked surprised, she's never acted like this.....

"For getting me to remember how to trust someone"

"I made you remember that?"

"Yep! And I trust you, basically with my life. I remember how to do that, and what it's like. So I thanked you since its been such a long time since I've been able to do that"

"O um... Your welcome" I said awkwardly.

She laughed and we ran to catch up with the others who were ahead of us.