Jason // Four

Why do people always end up having deep thoughts when they're on the shower? Jason just realized how occupied his mind was from the moment the steamy water fell down on his body.

He kept thinking of Camp Jupiter, not that he wanted to go back, but he kind of missed the place.

And probably the people, too.

In Camp Half-Blood, everything was less serious -- less hostile. Everyone just enjoyed everything despite minimal competitions going on with every cabin. It's like being in a village where everyone is your family...okay, maybe that was actually true. The thing is, in Camp Jupiter, there's a little hierarchy going on. From his experience of being a praetor, it almost seemed to him that every demigod respected him and looked up at him as if he was the best hero they've had in a million years. He felt like the King, taking over the earthly presence of his father.

But he didn't want that. As much as the attention and honor he was given in Camp Jupiter, it was the same reason why he had always been such a perfectionist at everything. Piper used to tell him how serious he always was, how little he shows affection in public, how strict he was with following the rules and whatnot...

He wasn't going to change himself for anyone, he knew that. But Camp Half-Blood somehow had him twisting knots -- it felt so foreign at first but he knew deep inside him that he loved it. He wanted to feel home and he felt it there.

He twisted the knob and got out of the shower, still dripping wet. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around his waist. As he went to see himself in the mirror, he noticed how much weight he has gained. His arms had more muscles and his chest were more toned. No wonder girls go crazy for him.

Without a knock, someone just barged in and opened the door to his bathroom. He was so startled that his heart doubled a beat.

It took only a second glance of mopped curly hair for him to realize it was Leo.

"What the hell are you doing?" he said in irritation. The least Leo could do was to knock. "Who says you can just enter my cabin, not to mention my bathroom, without my consent?"

"I'll enter whenever I want to."

"I could have dropped my towel!"

Leo grinned. "Jeez, it's not like I'd see anything interesting."

This mother-- "From now on, you're forbidden to enter this cabin."

Jason walked past him and headed to his closet. He took a black shirt and some shorts and put it on until Leo plummeted himself to Jason's kingsize bed.

Leo felt the softness of the mattress and wanted to stay there forever. "Damn, this is unfair in so many levels! Why do you get to have all this luxury by yourself? You're not even a king."

"Too bad my dad is," he replied casually. "Hey, wait! What the hell are you doing here anyway?"

"Oh, yeah!" Leo shot up from the bed excitedly. "You want some news Lightning Boy?"

Jason waited.

"They're here! Hazel, Frank, and your Reyna. And some others!"

If Piper was here, she'll definitely kill him with a deadly stare.

"That's it?" he asked.

"Yeah, pretty much." Leo shrugged and walked towards the door. "They want you out there, man! Let's go!"

--

Never did it ever cross his mind that Reyna would be asking him so much. They'd gone from simple greetings as "How have you been?" to "Everything is different without you." Of course, Jason puts no malice to his words. But for Reyna, he couldn't tell.

She was, in all honesty, looking more and more beautiful. He had considered that maybe she had been doing great with everything and he didn't want to spoil that.

The reason for their arrival turned to be because of the invitation Annabeth has sent them. It was a three-day stay at Camp Half-Blood to celebrate the Halloween as well as honoring them for the courage and heroism they showed when they went for the quest.

Reyna sat at one of the benches as gracefully as ever. Jason had managed to do the same, only scooting a few inches away.

"This is nice," she spoke in, what sounded like, utter fascination.

He looked at her. "What is?"

"That I can finally understand why you love Camp Half-Blood too much," she said, although there'd been a hint of sadness in her tone -- probably the sadness of Jason's absence at Camp Jupiter.

He hadn't said anything because he knew whatever he would say about Camp Half-Blood would be a good thing, and he can't risk saying that in the face of Camp Jupiter's leader. Especially that they'd had a little something from the past.

"So," he started, easily brushing off the awkward silence, "are you or are you not worried about leaving Camp Jupiter alone? May the Gods know what may have happened there now without you."

They shared a smile before Reyna found interest on the grassy land. "I know my people." And it was enough for Jason to understand what she meant.

"You are a great leader, Reyna," he'd told her in all honesty.

But her facial expression has rather shifted into pain (?) or whatever it was.

"You were a great leader as well, Jason."

Part of him was very guilty for her causing her such heartache. He'd never apologized to her in person and he really wanted to now but bringing that up seemed like a bad idea.

"Hey, would it make you feel better that I actually act like a total bastard here?" he said to which she smiled a little. "Really, I do my ways differently. I feel like my Roman side would kill me if we were divided into two."

When she smiled it meant the world to him because be he felt responsible for the pain he'd caused. "Roman or Greek, you still are a bastard."

He placed a hand on her back, rubbing circles on it to make her feel better. He just wanted to reassure her that he was there for her, just not in the way she wanted it to be.

This wasn't such a bad idea after all. They were friends and nothing more.

Or maybe, it kind of was.

Because when he'd caught the slightest glimpse of Piper, her stare reminded him that she was her property.
--
I'm sorry it took a while for me to post this chapter. I hope you still liked it bc tbh when I saw that you guys have been telling me to update, I felt the necessity to do so. As every wattpad writer's excuse, I have been too busy with school to write more chapter but hey! I promise I will write as much as I can when I have a free time. :)