Seventeen // Piper

(Be prepared for this chapter. May the gods bless your eyes)

---
Did she rush things?

She hoped not, because at the moment, it all felt right.

That's all she wanted to do when she realized how bad Jason was trying to work things out -- forgive him. What was the purpose of waiting? Piper sure as hell knows that Jason already suffered waiting for her, and if you really love someone, wouldn't you want to see them suffer? So it was only right to make things quick.

They said it's always more fun the second time around, but Piper doesn't want to rely on that. She just wants this relationship to be less problematic. She wants to enjoy every moment with him and not worry about the bumps they hit through the journey.

She never realized how much he loved her until he said that romantic speech. For one, it was something Jason would never do. It felt absolutely heartwarming for Piper to know that he had been thinking of a future with her. And of course, she was thinking about it too. Just the thought of them living in their very own house, raising little Jasons/Pipers, was making her feel all head-over-heels again.

"What are you thinking?" he asked, wrapping an arm on her waist protectively as they both walk down the hallway to Piper's loft.

"That I'm so lucky to have you...?" she playfully teased, nudging her forehead on his chin.

"Oh, yes you are."

Jason planted a soft kiss on her lips earning a cough from an elderly woman who was walking opposites them.

"Sorry, just really love my girlfriend is all," he told the woman who clearly despised a little PDA action.

Piper bit her lip and giggled, grabbing his hand so they could walk faster.

"Do you think they're back?" she asked him, referring to their friends.

"They should be," he said, squeezing her hand. He has been extra touchy today like he has been deprived of it for too long. Well, he kind of was, but not anymore. "What do we tell them?"

They reached her front door but Piper turned to him. "Let's keep it a secret first. I wanna see how disappointed Annabeth would be."

She opened the door to see the trio lounging on her couch, eating popcorn and watching Minions.

Leo sat at the floor and was seriously jamming to the little yellow organisms.

"Bananaaa!" he sang, bobbing his head side to side. Yup, he was enjoying it.

Meanwhile, Annabeth stayed casually cuddled up with Percy, who, on the other hand, looked supremely done with Leo's weirdness.

"I don't understand a single thing these yellow munchkins are saying," Percy commented in annoyance.

Leo gasped and looked back at Percy with pure hurt in his eyes. "Don't you ever...," he warned. "That's the whole point of the movie, idiot. Now I get why you need Annabeth's brain to guide you."

Annabeth chuckled. "Yeah, that's why he's my Seaweed Brain after all."

Piper turned to Jason seeming as that the trio hadn't noticed them walking in.

Jason cleared his throat to which got their attention quickly.

There was gleam in Annabeth's watchful grey eyes.

"Well, well, well," she crossed her arms, shifting slightly away from Percy. "How'd the date go, you guys?"

Piper wanted to just tell her that they've reconciled but...eh.