Eleven // Piper

Speechless.

That was how she felt.

She couldn't believe it. Her heart pounded hard on her chest -- hard enough that she could hear it.

Suddenly, all the urge to breathe, blink, or do anything at all, seemed to be the last thing she'd ever do.

Jason Grace, her ex-boyfriend, was standing before her.

"What are you doing here?" Piper huffed in disbelief.

He didn't say anything. The three of them were in a very uncomfortable situation right now. It almost felt as if they were the only people at Central Park -- regardless of kids running around, couples taking a stroll, or those who walked their dogs.

Piper gritted her teeth as she stared at Jason sullenly. "I haven't heard from you ever since."

"I didn't think you'd want to hear from me," he pointed out, giving a flinty glance at Cole. "Who the hell are you?"

Cole sneered. "No, the question should be: who the hell are you? Piper do you know him?"

Piper never averted her gaze from Jason. Not in this tension-filled situation. "No."

Jason looked surprised by a second or two, but he was quick to compose himself. All stern and rigid, just like his Roman self.

"Really, Pipes?" Jason snorted. Hearing him say Pipes again sent an unwanted feeling in her chest. "You're that quick to deny me?"

"So? You were quick enough to replace me!"

"How ironic!" Jason threw his hands in frustration, thinking Cole must have been her new boyfriend.

"Leave me alone, Jason --" Piper was cut off by Cole who looked like a lost puppy at the two.

"Wait, he's the Jason? The ex-boyfriend you wanted to forget about?" Cole asked in confusion. Jason, on the other hand, looked smug as Piper nodded in confirmation. It was only then until Cole solved the puzzle.

"Pipes, we need to talk," Jason tried to reach for Piper in calmer demeanor but Cole had grabbed his arm.

He sent a warning glare at Jason, "Look, man. Piper doesn't want you here. You better leave!"

Jason's eyes shifted between them back and forth. The sky was getting unusually darker by the second. Thunderstorm was about to go down. He snatched his arm away from Cole's grasp, ready to take a heavy strike on his mortal face.

Oh, no.

"Cole, please leave," Piper almost pleaded.

"But --"

"Please," Piper insisted, looking straight in his emerald eyes. She decided to turn on her charmspeak. "We can talk later. Just leave for now."

It's for your safety.

She was thankful when he listened to her and left her alone with Jason whose anger never seem to have faded.

"Why are you here?" Piper faced Jason.

"Is he your rebound?" Jason ignored her question.

"I asked you first."

He clenched his jaw. "I came to see you! What did you think?!"

Piper laughed humorlessly. "Why do you still bother?! We're not together anymore, remember? You never even tried to win me back!"

"You wanted time! You wanted space! And I fucking gave that to you! I respected your decision and let you be for four months!" Jason's stance appeared harsher. "I don't get why you're mad about it! You wanted to be with yourself in the first place. You wanted to find your happiness."