The first encounter

"Y/n?" Hermione asked, towering over you. You smiled sheepishly at her while she extended her hand towards you. You grabbed it and finally got up. You have accidentally tripped over a statue in the hall and you couldn't bare to get up with fear of seeing someone who saw you. That didn't work, obviously because none other than your best friend helped you get up. 

"Sorry, I didn't want to face my embarrassment yet," you mumbled, fixing your clothes as you stood upright. She smiled at you and said, "That didn't work, did it?" You chuckled and said, "Not at all." You leaned down to pick up your Potions book that flew out of your hands when you fell. You heard footsteps and right in front of you a hand stretched towards your book. You looked up and you saw a black haired boy with glasses holding your book. 

"Hi," he said, smiling. 

"Hi," you replied, trying to grab your book. You let your hand fill up the space between the both of you, while still looking at your book. He couldn't stop staring at you and when he saw your hand, he grabbed it with his other. You were caught off guard and the both of you stared at each other's eyes, completely blushing. Hermione whispered to Harry, "Harry, she wants her book." He looked at her and let go of your hand sheepishly. You cleared your throat and he gave you your book back. 

"Thanks," you said, trying to hide your smile. 

"You're welcome. Err, I'm Harry," he said. He avoided eye contact with you because he was far too embarrassed to do so. You found this charming and a little sweet. You shared that smile and said, "I'm Y/n, nice to meet you Harry. I would give you my hand but seemed like you already did that earlier." He chuckled at your joke and you did as well. This created a bond between the both of you and he managed to meet your gaze again. "Nice to meet you too, y/n. I have to go and help Ron with his Transfiguration homework. Bye Hermione and bye y/n," he said, smiling nervously. He turned towards Hermione and gave her a slight nod before departing. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at him and walked with you down the hall. "That was very awkward, what do you think of Harry?" She asked as the both of you were walking down the famous hall that announced the chamber has been opened a long while ago, a year to be exact. 

You chuckled and said, "He's a little awkward but I find that sweet. Why did he say his name if everyone knows who he is?" 

She shrugged and said, "I don't know really but be easy on him since he is a little shy towards you, the 'pretty girl.' He called you that, by the way."

You stopped and asked, "He talked about me?"

She nodded as if this wasn't the first time you heard about it. "Of course, well kind of. He always asked me and wondered about who was the girl I was with all the time. I told him about you and he told me that he thought you were pretty. I just never knew how embarrassing he was going to make as a first impression," she said, shaking her head in disapproval. 

You laughed and the both of you headed to the front of the class. You couldn't stop thinking about Harry. His cute smile and his blue eyes. Many girls were afraid to be around him because he was the chosen one and the boy who lived. But, you didn't see him that way. Not the chosen one in your eyes but the charming one. The one who is awkward around girls especially pretty girls like you. He was in your mind all day and you hoped he would try to talk to you more and tell you in person how pretty you were. If only he could learn Occlumency to know that already.