Fall time is here :p

You slammed your textbooks on your table, pure exhaustion escaping from your yawn as you began to take off your shoes. Having a whole's day of classes really weighed you down, especially with all the homework that is due.

You slugged your way to your only window, the dark curtains shielding yourself even more from the outside world. You imagined it to be sunny, uncomfortably hot where just five steps down the patch would leave someone drenched in sweat.

You reached to open your curtain, your fingertips brushing against the cold glass of your window. Shocked was an understatement as your eyes widened to take even more of the view that was in front of you.

Being in one of the tallest towers at Hogwarts, you were able to see almost every structure that made up the beautiful castle. The sky was such a lovely gray that the stormy clouds looked pleasant as it covered any blue that must have occupied the sky. Calming rain painted your window, you followed a raindrop with your eyes as it reached the bottom of it. You smiled, appreciating the utter beauty the world provided us. Since it was so dark outside, the lights from other dorms dimmed to look like fireflies from a distance.

A shiver went through your body so you reached for your blanket, your gaze still stuck out the window as if in a trance. Your fingers took a hold of your fuzzy blanket, giddiness taking a hold of you as you wrapped the blanket around your body, raising your shoulders up to get more warmth. You sat down on your window nook, the soft pillows wheezing as you settled on them.

A knock sounded at your door at the same time lightning struck not too far away. The dorm shook softly as a consequence to the lightning. "Who is it?" You called, turning your head to the side of your dorm.

The door squeaked open, its hinges screaming as it allowed a green eyed boy inside. "It's me, Y/n. Mind if I come in?"

You smiled, feeling quite silly how excited you were about this weather and of seeing him. "Not at all, Harry, please have a seat." Before you looked back out the window, a shadow accompanied Harry's hand. You chuckled as you realized it was his favorite blanket: the one you gifted him years ago.

Harry smiled because you looked so adorable wrapped up in that blanket. "I see you are appreciating the scenery?"

"Mhm," you replied, dragging out the m's in a content tone. "Isn't it just so lovely how quiet the world looks like this?" As Harry came near and occupied the seat next to yours, he couldn't help but notice the new sparkle in your eyes as you watched your window.

"I wish it could rain everyday," Harry started, his voice low, "just to see that sparkle in your eyes all the time." When you turned to face him, his heart did a leap because you looked at him with those eyes. When you smiled, a soft blush rising to your face, he wished to trap rain in a box forever just so you can carry it everywhere you go.

"That's sweet, Harry," you noted, letting your hands escape the comfort of your blanket. Harry did the same, your eyes were glued to his hands. His veiny hands that inched slowly towards yours, like asking for permission to do the thing he is dying to do.

You nodded shyly as Harry took your hands in his. He held them so delicately a strong urge to cry overcame you because you were never treated with such tenderness before.

"Let's enjoy the rain together, shall we?" Harry introduced, scooting closer to you. He let you use his chest as a place to lean while your head fell into the crook of his head and shoulder. A sharp smell of wood and pine overcame your sense, almost melting in how wonderful he smelled.

"Shhh," he soothed, using his other hand to caress your hair. You smiled, closing your eyes as he hugged you from behind, resting his head on yours. Since you both were so close to the window, he was able to see his reflection, as well as yours, and he blushed as you caught his eye.

"Are you comfortable, Harry?" You asked, nervously glancing at him through the window. He nodded, wrapping his arms around your stomach, his hands resting on your calf because you were sitting cross-legged. You rested freely on his chest, your heartbeat slowly synching with his.

He whispered something softly, too undistinguishable for you to grasp what he said. Then, your walkman started to play such a lovely slow song that was the perfect homage to the moment.

As you watched out the window, your heart was content to be able to see this beauty with your boyfriend, Harry. Harry, however, apart from enjoying the view with you, he was watching the most beautiful view ever: you.

You both muttered good night, snuggling even closer to each other, which was thought impossible already. As you closed your eyes, and soon began to breathe very slowly, sleep just right around the corner, Harry started to hum. His low humming made his chest vibrate a bit, his heartbeat more noticeable and you smiled, listening to Harry's beautiful humming as he sang you to sleep.

"I love you," Harry mumbled, his eyelids getting gradually heavier each time he blinked. "I love you with everything that I am. I love you so so much, Y/n. Sleep my beautiful angel." He kissed your head and slowly leaned back so that he can rest on the wall beside the nook. He let you put your body weight on him and he was glad you feel safe enough to sleep on him. As he traced circles across your arm to your elbow, sleep finally welcomed him in.

And there you both were, sleeping with one another as the rain and the soft music played in the atmosphere. Nothing could have been better than this to announce the beginning of autumn.

The end :))