let's pretend Harry is a barista in the muggle world

You were heading down the street of London, your destination was just around the corner. Your cellphone rang and you answered it as a soft sound of a bell announced your entrance into the coffee place. 

"Hello?" You said, putting the phone next to your ear as you glanced at the new guy behind the counter. A new guy, how odd. Since you came here almost daily, never once have you seen such untidy black hair. 

"Hey—are you listening to me?" 

"Huh? I'm sorry," you replied, taking your eyes off the man behind the counter as the voice next to your ear was trying to get your attention. 

"You know what? I'll call-"

"Yeah, totally. I'll call when I'm available, I have something to do."

"Wait, I was goin-"

"Bye," you said, ending the call and placing the phone in your purse. 

The man who caught your eye was now talking to a ginger around the counter, who had his arm around a beautiful girl sipping iced coffee beside him. 

You cleared your throat and a sudden urge to fix your hair overcame you. You untied your ponytail, feeling your hair fall below your shoulders. You licked your lips, they have become unbelievable dry, and walked ahead to the barista, after knowing that he has stopped talking with his friend. 

"Hi, I will like to order some coffee," you said, making eye contact with him and you can't believe how someone can have such amazing green eyes. 

"Yeah, sure," he said, turning to get a recycled cup and your heart was racing, he had wonderful arms. 

"Um, can you add some milk in it as well?" 

"Milk? Are you sure?" His voice raising slightly, you knew he was smiling.

"What else do I want to add to my coffee?" You answered, chuckling and feeling heat on your face. 

As he was making your order, you called to him, "You're new here, aren't you?" 

"Why? Is it that obvious?" He asked as his ginger friend laughed while the girl shushed him. 

You shook your head. "No, I just never seen you around here."

"Do you notice everyone?" He asked you, turning to face you, raising his eyebrow amusingly, scribbling with a black sharpie on the cup that was holding your coffee. 

"No," you replied, half smiling as he placed your cup on the counter between the both of you, "Only the attractive ones."

"Wha-?"

"How much?" You interrupted, your heart wanting to burst out of your chest. You hid your face as you were searching your bag for your money, absolutely embarrassed at yourself for commenting that. 

"Oh, um, four bucks," the man said and while you shifted to your other foot, still haven't found your money, you noticed his nametag that reflected the yellow light of the room; it shone that his name is Harry. 

You grabbed a ten dollar bill, handed it to him, not meeting his gaze as you stared at your cup. Black sharpie marks were on it and you asked him, "How did you get my name?" 

"Hm?" He looked up at you, apparently a nervous wreck himself as he dropped a couple of things and chuckled nervously.

"Oh my goodness, Harry," the girl beside the ginger mumbled, tucking her brown bushy hair behind her ears. 

"Hermione, let's leave these two. I don't know how much embarrassment I can stand any longer," the ginger said. 

"Whatever Ron but you owe me another coffee for winning you yesterday at chess," Hermione replied, giggling as they walked to the seating area in the shop, with Ron smiling fondly next to her. 

Now, you were left alone with Harry, his emerald eyes twinkling as he handed back your change. 

"Oh, I don't know your name but I will like to know it-" Harry blurted out, and a slight panic ran through his eyes as he started to have a coughing fit. 

"Whoa, are you alright?" You questioned, slightly alarmed yourself as he was waving a hand in front of him to say that he was okay, his face alarmingly going red. You smiled nervously as your brain just registered what he said.

"I'm — fine—" he gagged, now grabbing the attention from the customers near him who were trying to have a conversation. Ron was laughing loudly while Hermione covered her face with her hands in utter disappointment. 

"Alright," you finalized, seeing as how he stopped coughing and his eyes were watering slightly. You grabbed your change, and noticed the tip bottle of his, so you placed your change inside it. 

"Thanks," Harry grinned. 

"No problem," you said, grabbing your coffee cup and raising it in the air, tucking your chin slightly downwards. "See you tomorrow, new guy." 

"My name's Harry," he called after you, as you walked to the door of the shop. 

You turned to face him, your back pushing the door slightly, the bell ringing. He was still staring at you, smiling slightly as his spectacles were a little lopsided, making him look even more adorable. 

"Yeah, I know," you said, nodding and grinning as you finally left the shop. 

You walked down the street, your high-heels making taps on the sidewalk and you were burning with curiosity to find what he put on your cup. As you continued to walk into the streetlight, you raised the cup to your eye level and turned it around to see the marks. You laughed as you read it:

Hey, you're really pretty. I was wondering if you will like to have a coffee sometime. Well, if you agree, you know where to find me.

You rolled your eyes, took one last glance at the coffee shop behind you, and headed down your way to your house, which so happened to be two blocks away from your favorite coffee place. You smiled as you knew that tomorrow, you will go back there....