The Black Lake.... literally (woof)

"Ron, where is Y/n?" Harry asked, hurrying over to Ron and Hermione, who were busy drinking butterbeer after having studied for a few hours. Ron brought his cup to the table, his foaming mustache being licked off from his tongue. 

"I don't know, Harry," he said, wiping the rest after Hermione looked away rapidly. "I think she was heading towards the Black Lake, something about learning how to swim?" 

"Swim?" Hermione interrogated, her tone rising. She regained her composure and closed the book Hogwarts: A History with a snap, after reciting it to Ron for a millionth time when he suggested to apparate to Hogsmeade for sweets. "She told me that she wanted to look for..." She turned around for people in the vacant Gryffindor common room. She looked back at Harry with a stern look, "For Snuffles." 

Harry raised his eyebrows and looked around the common room, searching for a black hoodie to wear. "I want to ask her if she wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend," he mumbled, his untidy hair becoming more messy as his hoodie was well fitted. 

"Y/n?" Ron asked, looking from Hermione to Harry again. "You fancy her?" 

Harry turned a little pink and muttered, "Yes, I think so." 

"What about Cho, Harry?" Hermione piped in. 

He shrugged at her response. "I wanted to ask her but I couldn't with Cedric being there and everything-"

"Sorry to tell you mate," Ron said apologetically, "but I believe Cedric and Cho... are... well, you know... together." 

Harry stayed silent, staring at Ron and after a moment resulted, "Doesn't matter anyways, Y/n is much prettier. Plus, I liked Y/n for a much longer time. Besides, I think I already knew that earlier and I just didn't want to... It doesn't matter now, I'm going to go and talk to Y/n." He walked over to the exit of the common room and turning back when Hermione and Ron haven't moved. "Aren't you guys coming?"

"And be a third wheel?" Ron asked, shaking his head indignantly. "No way."

"It's not like I've never been one," Harry said sarcastically, casting one glance at them again, blushing furiously at each other, before exiting the portrait. 

He walked along the bottom of the many stairs and finally headed his way towards the Black Lake. His hands were getting clammy as his stomach did a familiar jerk every time he saw Y/n. She was standing over the Black Lake, staring off into the distance at the hills on the other side of the castle. 

Harry moved faster, reciting in his head how he will ask her to Hogsmeade that weekend. He wished he could have written to Sirius about this, maybe he had good advice about girls. Before Harry knew it, he was standing over the Black Lake, watching the tree that Y/n was leaning on. 

"Oh, hey," you greeted, smiling at him while digging your hands deep into your pockets. You threw at him a chocolate frog, knowing that he had great reflexes, caught it right on time. "Had an extra one, thought you might want it." 

"Oh-- er, thanks," Harry said, smiling awkwardly at you as he ripped the frog's head off with his teeth. 

"So, what brings you here?" You asked, trying to lean on the tree but missing your step and stumbled backwards instead. 

"Hogsmeade," Harry blurted out. 

"Hogs...? Harry, we are at the Black Lake. Has the twins given you some type of candy to lose memory?" You interrogated, a seething fury rising. 

"Um, no-"

"I volunteered and told them I would accept being the first to try out any new products they had! We made a deal and I am never going to give them my take on how to fix their Nosebleed Nougats," you ranted, crossing your arms and looking determinedly at the castle. 

"No, it's not that," Harry said through a stuffed mouth. 

You chuckled. "Then, what is it?"

Harry swallowed. "Hermione and Ron told me you were here looking for Snuffles." 

You smiled and walked over to Harry, who looked amazing in that black hoodie. "Yeah, I found him. He turned back into the forest after we had a little chat." 

"What were you two talking about?" Harry asked, looking into the forest expecting him to show up. 

"Oh, nothing really, just asked him how one can romanticize the chosen one," you said, matter-of-factly, hoping that the heat on your face was from the sun and not from your blushing. 

"Oh, yeah, of course... wait," Harry said, turning to look at you with a slight smile. 

A huge rustle came from the trees, as if someone decided to shake uncontrollably a few branches for attention. You snapped your neck to look at what it was, before spotting an untidy curly head appearing in the light. He had a handsome face and was smiling broadly. 

"Siri-" Harry started, apparently taken aback to see his Godfather there. 

"Shhh! I'm Snuffles remember?" He said, winking at Harry. 

"What are you doing here?" 

"Y/n here, wrote to me a couple of days earlier and asked if I could meet her here," Sirius responded, "Something about wanting to talk to a perfect, handsome, amazing godfather that has an equally handsome godson."

You turned into a blushing mess and said quietly, "That is not what I said."

"If you say so," Sirius responded, chuckling. "Now," he said, looking at Harry, "are you going to ask her to Hogsmeade this weekend or...." 

"Oh, how did you know I was going to do that?" 

"Haven't you been listening, Harry?" Sirius said, laughing. "Y/n came and talked to me about you, hoping to get to know you better so you two could become a..." He raised his eyebrows playfully. 

It was Harry's turn to blush. "I actually wanted to write to you about how to... girls," he mentioned. 

Sirius locked eyes with you for a split second before the both of you started laughing madly.  

"What's so funny?" Harry asked, his voice raising, trying to be heard from the cries of laughter. 

"Well, Harry," you responded, holding your stomach, "While I asked how I can romanticize the chosen one, as to say, you. Snuffles here, is trying to seduce a particular werewolf." 

Harry's face went blank. "Professor Lupin? Since when?"

"Since I was a mere teenager, like yourselves. Now go and get on that date, I have to go back to ... my home," he said, winking at the both of you again before heading back into the forest. 

Harry smiled and glanced at your blushing face. "I was wondering, if you would, I mean.... Only if you want to, of course, go to Hogsmeade with me... this weekend." 

"Let me check my planner that Hermione so kindly gave to me." You dug in your pockets again and took out a huge piece of parchment. You opened it, already expecting all of your scribbles with ink all over it. Saturday was filled and Harry noticed it. 

"Oh, if you can't... maybe another time," he said defeatedly. 

You grabbed your wand and waved it over the parchment. Saturday's entry was soon cleared. "Oops, looks to me that this weekend is perfect, Harry." You smiled at Harry's chuckle. 

"It's settled then," Harry grinned. 

"Believe so."

A silence fell between the both of you before heading back to the castle. The both of you talked endlessly over Snuffles and Lupin. It was hilarious watching Harry be oblivious to everything you were saying. You laughed while Harry took this chance to admire you with a longing stare. He hoped to make you laugh for the entire weekend, wishing it to come sooner than later.