he confesses to you (AHHHHH)

You walked to the forbidden forest, the book of monsters under your arm as you reached the trees' long shadows. Hagrid, being in the middle of a circle of students, was laughing whole-heartedly at a joke Ron just made. You grinned, seeing as how Ron was blushing from all of the attention, especially from Hermione who's smile was made entirely for him.

You paced around a bush, looking out for any pesky creatures since you still haven't seen what dangerous animal Hagrid has planned for today.

"That was good!" Hagrid cried, stroking his beard after wiping some tears of joy from his eyes. "Now." He states, joining his hands together as the loud clap of his palms connecting sent the birds in the trees to flee. He stared at the students around him, evidently pleased as all their attention is on him. "I wanted to show you all what animals I have for us today."

As he lectured on about some dangerous animal that you are sure is not even allowed to be near school grounds, Harry spotted you from across the forest. He smiled at the sight of you, leaning against a tree as you looked inquisitively at some weird looking lion-birds. He notices how you always furrowed your eyebrows when you were unsure of something.

He walked up to you, his face burning as you grinned at him.

"Hey Harry," you said, looking at him with bright eyes.

"Hey Y/n," he replied, his stomach tingling as he said your name. It was like your name alone gave him butterflies.

You looked at the crazy animals jumping on the trees now, it's sharp teeth gnawing at the thick branches. The students were running as stacks of wood fell above them.

You chuckled. Harry's eyes scanned your face as you let out a small laugh. He loved the way the corners of your eyes turned up when you smiled. Your laughter is his favorite song.

"You're staring again," you joked, looking at Harry who now had a frightened expression. "I'm only joking, Harry."

"Oh," Harry responded, chuckling with you. Before he could even think about what he was going to say, his words rolled off his tongue. "It's kind of hard not to stare at you."

Your heart lumped in your throat, your eyes flicking to Harry's face. "What do you mean?" You asked although you knew exactly what he was talking about. You have noticed how much he looks at you when he thinks you don't know. It should bother you but for some reason it doesn't. Not at all. A soft smile tugs on your lips as Harry's face has gone red.

He scratched the back of his burning neck, his fingertips now really warm as he tugged at his hair. "I... uh... I think you're really pretty."

Your face grew warm with affection as he stated those words like it was the most certain sentence he has ever stated in his sixteen years of life. "Thank you, Harry."

Harry nodded, his fear of embarrassment prohibiting him to express to you his feelings that he has stored in his heart for many years. He wants to tell you exactly how he feels but his mind is telling him not to.

"With these animals," Hagrid stated, grasping the attention of you and Harry again. All the students were cowering with fear as they hanged on every word Hagrid was saying. "One bite from them will have you spilling out your guts at that instant."

"That's awful!" Ron said, his face turning green, his hand touching his stomach.

Hermione grinned, shaking her head, already set on correcting Ron. "He doesn't mean vomiting, Ron. He means that their saliva are filled with the same substance Veritaserum is made of." Like she knew Ron, and others around them were still perplexed, she further explained, "They make you say the absolute truth at the instant. You can't force yourself to stop because the serum would already have its affect on you already."