why are y'all so awkward?! its kinda adorable tbh

You were putting on your nice dress as you were getting ready for the Gryffindor Party later tonight. Grabbing your perfume, you sprayed on the inside of your wrists, your neck and any other parts where you sweat horrendously.  

Smiling to your beautiful self in the mirror, you were finally ready to have a fun time. You fixed your hair again and walked towards the door, feeling anxious and excited to know what is going to happen. Maybe Harry is going to be there...

You laughed at yourself. Of course he is going to be there, he's the bloody Quidditch captain, for crying out loud. Then, a series of butterflies landed on your stomach and you felt flustered. Harry. He was all you could think about for the past couple of months. The way his green eyes sparkle in the sun. Or the way his hair bounces on his head when he is flying. Just everything about him is so perfect that you were afraid he isn't real.

Knock! Knock!

You hurried to the door and opened it. A bush of curly, brown hair ran to your room and when you turned around, Hermione was crying on your bed. You closed the door and headed to Hermione, who was your best friend, and placed a comforting arm around her. 

"What's wrong, Hermione?" You asked silently, letting her cries echo in your dormitory. 

Her shoulders shuddered and she said through a clogged voice, "I think Ron is going to the party with Lavender." She continued to cry and you sat there in silence, occasionally stroking her hair out of the way of her face. "What am I supposed to do now? He's with her and he could do whatever he wants." 

"Hermione," you said, making her look at you. Her bloodshot eyes and tears made your heart squeeze because as a true friend, all you want to do is make her stop hurting. "You are beautiful, smart, loyal and fierce. Never forget who you bloody are. You know what," you stood up from the bed and took her hand while she smiled sadly, "you are attending the party with me and I don't care what you say. Alright? If someone asks you to dance, go ahead but just tell me when you leave the party, I want to know that you are safe." 

Hermione nodded. "You're right, I'll go with you, besides I don't even know if it is true. I heard it from Pansy while I walked from the Great Hall here." 

"You're literally going to think anything she says is true?" You interrogated, frowning at the thought of Pansy. "She is full of lies. Especially when she dissed Angelina's hair, I mean, honestly, Angelina has beautiful hair. She's just mad that she has the replica of Snape's greasy hair, they look like distant cousins."

This made Hermione laugh and you chuckled, glad to see that she cheered up again. Hermione got up from the bed, dried her tears with her sleeve, and hugged you tightly. You smiled as you hugged her back. 

"You always know the right words to say, Y/n," Hermione complimented, separating from the hug. "It's so amazing that we're such great friends." 

"Could've been more but you turned me down in fourth year," you joked, laughing with her again. You had a crush on her before, it was well known, but now you were glad you were her friend. It was more like a friend-crush maybe, at least that's what you thought of it now. You can't see her away from Ron anymore, and besides your heart belongs to a new caretaker now. 

"Oh Y/n, you know that I only see you as a friend," Hermione said concerningly, staring at you with a pained face. 

You smiled sweetly and said, "I know, Hermione, and I'm not mad about it. Besides, the party is about to start so if you don't go to your dorm and start putting on your best dress-"

You laughed as Hermione giggled her way out of your dorm to head into hers. You fixed your bed, wiggled your feet in your shoes and were doing anything to waste time. You walked to your dresser and saw the letter Harry wrote to you when he spent the summer at Grimmauld Place.