he notices something is up :/

Hey, please don't read this if you are dealing with body issues or struggling to love yourself. This is based on my feelings and the way I feel about my body, you know? Please, don't criticize others on their body/weight, it really does hurt. Love all of you beauties. :*

You opened the letter you have received from your guardian, right at the middle of the Great Hall. There was a buzz of conversation all around because of one thing: the Hogsmeade weekend. You have already asked your guardian to sign it, already having that permission, you wondered why they would send you another letter. 

"Hogsmeade, eh? I'm excited," Ron said, turning to everyone in front of him with a happy smile. He was holding his permission slip with both his hands, practically ecstatic. "I heard they restocked some of my favorite sweets in Honeydukes. What about you Hermione?" 

Hermione, who was still eating her delicious chicken, responded, "Oh, I'm excited too. I heard that they are having a new sale on some books I wanted to get, you know-"

"For light reading," Ron answered, smiling slightly as Hermione nodded. 

"What about you, Y/n?" Harry asked, watching you curiously as you read your guardian's letter. 

Noticing everyone's eyes on you, you hurriedly closed the letter and tried to hide it in your bag but Harry grabbed it before you. "No, Harry, please don't-" 

Harry didn't have time to read it or give it back as someone with a sly smirk came walking beside him and snatched the letter from him. Harry had no time to react as you were shaking with fear as the person's mouth opened and started to read aloud the message. 

"No, please don't," you whispered, fighting with all your might not to cry. 

As if everyone didn't have anything better to do, they all quieted down as that person started reading it with a loud voice. 

"'Hey hun, today is your first Hogsmeade weekend. Now, I don't want you to get too excited, you are barely even fitting into your robes. Anyways, just try avoiding Honeydukes this weekend, alright? And try taking the long way over there, it will be better for you. Love, your guardian,' I mean I am no expert, but I think you should listen to them," the person commented, laughing with others as they stared at you with evil eyes. 

You couldn't take it anymore and you got up from the table, walking away you heard some snide remarks about your body and weight. You didn't want to cry, you didn't want to make them know that their remarks got to you. You hugged yourself but as you did so, you felt the cloth tighten over your forearms and you couldn't hide your tears anymore. 

You walked further down the hall, pushed open the big doors as the twins were barely getting inside. They saw you with a gasp and you froze for a millisecond. 

"Y/n? What's wrong?" George asked, looking at you concerningly. 

"Nothing, please, I want to leave," you murmured, hiding your face from them.  

"Did someone say something to you?" Fred asked, hiding a puking pastille in his pocket. 

"I want to be alone, can you please move out of the way-"

"Y/n!" A voice called, it was exactly who you didn't want to hear: Harry. 

"I'm leaving," you told the twins firmly, squeezing between them to try and hide from Harry. You saw an empty classroom and surprisingly, no one was in the corridors either. They were all busy in the Great Hall, probably having fun talking about the letter. 

"Y/n, please, I want to talk to you," Harry said, panting as he entered the classroom behind you as you were standing beside a seat. 

"What? You want to call me a name I haven't heard before? Say it, I would like to know which other word I don't know about," you ranted, staring at him as your burning tears fell down your face. 

His face was pained, as if you just hit him. "No, that wasn't what I was going to say at all. I want to say sorry, I shouldn't have taken that letter from you. I thought it was going to be something good." 

"Oh, but it is!" You said sarcastically. "My guardian wants me to take care of myself, so why wouldn't it be good? They want me to be slimmer because my stupid robes don't even fit me anymore!" You showed him your robes and your chest tightened. You were breathing heavily and your face was heating up. 

"You shouldn't have to worry about that, Y/n. You're fine the way you are," Harry said, making decent eye contact with you. 

"It's not that I am mad about, Harry. It is just that I hate how others like to rub it in my face like if I don't see myself in the mirror all the time," you commented, feeling anger towards them. Then you said, "I'm sorry Harry, I didn't mean to lash out my anger at you." 

Harry nodded and said, after a couple of sniffs from you, "I hate how people treat you, Y/n. Trust me, I told them a few things I am even surprised I said. You are perfect the way you are, Y/n, please know that." 

You shook your head. "I am not Harry, I am the literal opposite out of all the beautiful girls in this school," you commented, feeling your heart rate start to lower and your chest release its pressure, "They are all slim, they have no stretch marks, no stomach, no acne, no dark spots.... They are all so beautiful and I feel so horrible when I am around them." 

Harry, knowing it is safe to do so, walked closer and closer to you until he was just a few feet in front of you. "All of those things that you distinguish, what is bad about them?" 

"Don't you see, Harry?" You asked him, feeling it ridiculous how he wasn't getting the point. "It is all bad. Nothing is beautiful about it-"

"I want to tell you something, Y/n," Harry interrupted, giving you a sincere look. You stayed silent as he released a heavy sigh. Your heart thumped because you always felt something towards Harry, who wouldn't? But, you were scared because you always knew that he wouldn't find you attractive. What would he want to tell you? 

"You are beautiful the way you are. Your mind, your heart, your body, everything. Everyone has stretch marks, Y/n, that's nothing to be ashamed about or get mad about. Your stomach is to protect the organs inside of you, and you don't need a flat stomach to be beautiful. Who told you that?"

"Well, everyone is slim and I thought-"

"Well, you thought wrong. Your acne? Look at me! I have acne as well, it is normal. Everything you point out to be flaws, they really are not. You are beautiful, Y/n, you really are," Harry explained, smiling sincerely at you as you stared at him with shock. 

You nodded and you felt like crying again because no one has ever said anything uplifting about you. Harry came closer and wrapped his arms around you, as you sobbed onto his shoulder. 

"Now, let's go to Hogsmeade and Honeydukes will be our first stop," Harry said over your shoulder. 

"But, I can't. My guardian told me that I can't," you said, breaking apart from him. 

"Forget them, come on, we are young. Besides, you heard Ron, they restocked some sweets. I won't let you pass that great thing. Come on, let's go before they decide to leave us." 

He grabbed your hand and you walked along with him towards the door of the classroom. As you wiped the tears from your face you told him, noticing how he hasn't let go of your hand, "Harry, you should probably not hold my hand anymore. People will think that something is going on between us and I don't want them to say anything to you." 

Harry chuckled, squeezing your hand, he replied, "I'm alright, Y/n. I don't mind what they say, to be honest. I couldn't care less, let's go before everyone crowds around the short cut." He returned your smile as the both of you walked out of the classroom. You felt great about being held hand by hand with him. You realized that you should love yourself the way you are because you were always beautiful, now was the time to finally realize it. :)