christmas oop-

The alarm clock goes off at exactly two on the night. You got up quickly and stole a glance at the window, snow fell gracefully to the ground. You smiled and turned off the alarm with a slam of your hand. Turning back on your bed, you saw a figure that was still dozed off. "Harry! Get up, Harry! They're going to wake up," you whispered into the ear of your husband. 

"What?" He asked hoarsely, looking around wildly. 

"We have to stuff their stockings," you chuckled before he pulled you on to the bed again. He flooded you with kisses while he laughed as well. 

"Merry Christmas, love," he said, kissing you again. 

"Merry Christmas," you mumbled after kissing him again. You dug your hands in your pockets of your snowman onesie and pulled out a chocolate for yourself. You bit into it while Harry finally got up from his own bed. "This chocolate tastes really good," you mentioned, extending your hand towards him to try it. 

He got up on his feet and stretched while groaning. He smiled again and said, "Sure, I'd like to taste it." He grabbed your free hand and twirled you. He then kissed you again and, while you were utterly shocked, he agreed, "Wow, it does taste really good." He chuckled as you rolled your eyes but smiled right after. 

"Come on Harry, they are probably already up. We planned to surprise them," you told him, grabbing the bags filled with sweets that the both of you had placed on the shelves. 

"Alright, they better be happy about this. I will not like losing my time cuddling with you for them to not enjoy these... licorice wands," he mumbled, picking up a package and shaking it. He flashed you a handsome grin. "We better come back after this."

"Sure, love, I would cuddle with you after this, alright? Come on, I think I heard Lily move," you told him, hearing closely for another thud of a footstep on the hardwood floor. 

He nodded and hid his untidy hair with the hoodie of his own matching onesie. You smiled and did the same thing. The both of you walked out of your shared bedroom, holding the bags of sweets, tip-toeing all the way into the cozy living room. The Santa stockings were hanged up over the burning fireplace, so, with another glance at each other, you both walked over and started to stuff the stockings heartedly. 

Giggling at 2 am, thinking that your kids won't be hearing you two, were smiling so much. Then, without a warning, six footsteps came thundering on the wood stairs right beside the fireplace. You and Harry squealed and were met by your beaming children, already grabbing the stockings and exclaiming excitedly at each other. 

"Thanks mum and dad," Lily Luna expressed, stuffing her mouth with two chocolate frogs. 

"Wow, thanks dad! And mum!" James Sirius exclaimed, playing with some of the pranks the Weasley Twins were delighted to give away. 

"What is this?" Albus Severus asked, holding up two big bags of Bertie Bott's jelly beans. 

"What does it look like?" Harry asked, snatching the bags playfully and tossing one bean into his mouth. He spit it out instantly and said grumpily, "That was rotten egg." He passed the beans back to his son. "Have fun."

You laughed loudly and Albus Severus decided to try some on his own after giving some to his brother.

The three kids jumped and exclaimed to each other the wonderful treats they have received for this Christmas. Being so small, they still enjoyed the wonderful magic of receiving presents, the snowy nights and having hot chocolate. 

Harry walked behind you and wrapped his arms around you, placing his head on your shoulder. "Merry Christmas Y/n, I love you," he whispered onto your shoulder, smiling when Lily Luna showed him her Chocolate Frog card, showing a familiar face beaming at them, surprisingly his scars weren't as pronounced. 

"I love you Harry. Merry Christmas," you said, smiling as he kissed your cheek. 

"Who wants cookies?" Harry exclaimed to his young children, all of them agreeing by jumping up and down, yelling "yay!" They followed his father into the kitchen while you glanced at the window again. The soft snow showed a row of houses that were covered with a thin crust of snow, making them look like Gingerbread houses. 

You looked back at the kitchen and you smiled as Harry, Lily Luna, Albus Severus and James Sirius were sitting on the counter, munching on fresh baked cookies. You laughed, feeling warm all over because years ago you were scared for your life. You thought you would never live to see this day but you were wrong. It seemed like a fairytale and you smiled, feeling tears threatening to let loose. You jogged towards the warm kitchen and picked up a couple of cookies yourself. 

"Merry Christmas everyone," you announced, grabbing the bottle of whipped cream on the table and spraying some whipped cream on your cookie before stuffing it in your mouth. Your children laughed and did the same thing after sharing a Merry Christmas yell. 

The night was filled with dancing to Carrols and silly Christmas music, singing to them off-key, stuffing on cookies and hot chocolate, watching them open their presents and so much more to your heart's delight. You smiled knowing that everything you could have possibly wished for, just came true, after sharing another kiss with your wonderful husband.