One

Genesis was proud that she was far away from that town. She knows her family had passed, but she has her husband. Carlisle Cullen. He became a doctor as she was a teacher. All her students loved her just like the towns people who loved Carlisle. They were a team.

"Mrs. Cullen, I'm afraid to announce that one of your students was placed in the hospital." Mr. Hart tells her.

"Which one is it sir?" She asked knowing who it is.

"Edward Masen." Genesis froze. Her favorite student was in the hospital with the Spanish flu. "You can have the rest of the day off."

"Thank you, sir."
~~~
Genesis arrived at the hospital and saw her husband. "How is he?! She asked.

"Not to good."

Genesis sighed sadly as she looked down. Carlisle grabbed her face making her look up at him making her smile. "I will do everything I can to save him."

"I trust you." She said.

Carlisle kissed her making her smile. She wrapped her arms around him as he held her. She only wanted to focus on the kiss and nothing else. Her heart ached for the boy she started to see as her child, but knowing she was going to loose him was going to be painful. "Dr. Cullen, Mrs. Masen needs to speak to you."

Carlisle nodded as he kissed his wife. "Go home and relax."

"I'll see you later."
~~~
A week later, Genesis couldn't go too work since the outbreak has gotten worse. Edward's dad had passed and Carlisle has told her that it won't be long till Edward and Elizabeth passes.

The immortal witch was reading one of her spells when she heard the door shut. "Genesis, I need you help."

She walked towards his office to see Edward. "What happened?" She asked as she walked in.

"Elizabeth asked me to change him so he could live." He said. "I wouldn't have done it, but Edward was dying and Elizabeth didn't want him dying young..."

"So you did what she asked?"

"Yes."

Genesis smiled as he hugged him. "You did what you thought was right." She tells him as she looked at Edward. "His like a son to me."

"I thought of you." He tells her. "That's why I turned him. So you wouldn't be heartbroken over his death."

Genesis smiled as she kissed him. She kissed Edward's head as she went to get clothes and stuff to have Edward cleaned up before he wakes up. Genesis smiled as she was going to have Edward with her and hopefully he still sees her as a mother figure.