Nine

Genesis and Carlisle left early that morning for a much needed break. Carlisle looked beside him as the sight of Genesis. He smiled as he looked back at the road. He looked at his wife and smiled at how peaceful she looked. This break was a good idea.

"Carlisle?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Are we there yet?" She asked as she raised up and looked at him. "I'm hungry."

"Not yet, but I can stop to get you something to eat."

"I would like that." She tells him as Carlisle pulled into a parking lot. "My hair looks like a mess..."

"No, it doesn't." He tells her as she looked into the mirror. "I don't care what you look like."

"How did I get so lucky?"
~~~
When they reached their destination, Gensis smiled as she got out and looked at the home. The one place that brought back her honeymoon with Carlisle. She looked at him smiling. "You didn't have to bring us back here."

"This is where our memories started and this is where we continue them." He tells her. "The moment you ran into my arms, I knew this was one of our favorite spots."

Genesis smiled as she wrapped her arms around him. "Meeting you that night brought me happiness. I didn't have to run anymore." She said as she laid her hand on the small bump. "I've always dreamt of marrying someone who accepted me and wanted a family." Genesis looked up at him smiling. "You were that man who came into my life, even though the circumstances was bad..."

"All they did was had you run into my arms. I still can't get the fear that you had on your face out of my head." He said as she looked at the house. "I never want you to be scared of anyone."

"If I knew then that I was immortal, I would have let them try to kill me and I would have laughed in their face." She tells him. "But meeting you, I don't think I want to turn back time."

"Come on, let's go relax."

Genesis stopped as she looked at him. "Carlisle, go hunt. I'll be fine." She tells him as she kissed him. "I'll be waiting for you to come back."

Carlisle nodded as he kissed her one last time before going into the woods to hunt. Genesis smiled as she walked in. She saw that everything was still the same and smiled. "This is just what we need. Relaxation."