Ch17: Blackmail

Lila's POV

If I can't have him, no one can.

I will do everything in my power to destroy Marinette. To expose Felix.

I mean, is he blind? There is no one more beautiful and smart and talented as me. I am the best and he is an idiot for not seeing it.

I should have been his secretary. Not her. She is a pathetic liar. I've worked here for two years and applied for that position each time it opened up. Who does she think she is to prance in here as the newbie and think she can steal my position? I've been here longer and I've worked so hard to prove myself.

And why on earth would Felix take interest in her romantically? There's nothing to her - everything about her is plain. It couldn't be true. All those things I overheard in the stall. It had to be a lie. But regardless, it doesn't matter.

I am so over him now. True, I'd loved him since middle school and tried my best to get his attention. I don't even think he remembers my name after all my effort.

I've wasted too many tears, time, and energy over that good for nothing jerk. He basically ruined my life. Here, I had planned my entire future around him. I even came to work for this company JUST FOR HIM. It was all for nothing.

But if I'm being honest...

Without him, I sort of feel a little lost. Did he take my sight? My smell? And my feeling? Because everything in my life is dull and colorless. I need to rebuild my life without him. Take what is rightfully mine and use him to get it. I deserve to be happy again after all.

So...how should I take my sweet revenge? How can I leverage my way to the top?

            ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I flashed a fake smile as I walked past Marinette early Monday morning. She was wore a frazzled expression as she wandered down the hallway, as if she was searching for something. What a freak.

It was so hard to fight the urge to roll my eyes at her cheap blue dress and hot pink lipstick. She looked like a child's play doll and nothing like a real woman. If I were her, I would at least try to emphasize my feminine features. Instead she cloaked herself in outfits that made her look like a kid who has broken into mommy's closet.

"Good morning, Marinette," I said in a humming voice.

She straightened her back, shooting me an awkward glance as her face turned a shade paler. Ever since I'd overheard her conversation last Friday, she knew I had the power over her. This felt so good.

"Good morning!" She said, as she quickly blinked.

"What's ya doin'?" I asked with the sway of my hips.

"Oh, I was....I was...looking for a new charger for my laptop," she said with her head down. She only seemed to be able to make eye contact for a few seconds. Another proof of my dominance.

"Why?"

"It's kind of a long story."

So the little brat wasn't going to tell me.

"I'm sure Felix can help you out," I said, eager to see her facial response to his name.

"I don't know where he is. I guess he's not here yet," her face turned a faint pink.

"Just text him and ask."

"I...I don't have his number."

Yes!!! If she didn't have his number than maybe their relationship wasn't as serious as I thought. Not that I still liked Felix or anything because I didn't. Not anymore. Yet hearing this made me happy. Regardless, I was still going to use the information I heard to my advantage.