Ch26: Girl Talk

"I'm going to marry him!" I said, allowing my body to become limp as I collapsed onto my unmade bed.

"You've got it bad, girl," Alya said, tossing a chocolate covered pretzel into her mouth.

"He has possessed me! Body, mind, and soul," I said with a dramatic hand gesture that threatened to spill all the bowls of snacks.

After Felix had asked me to the galla, I called Alya over to my house for a very urgent girl's night. It was my preference to go out to a fancy restaurant to celebrate my 'victory' but Alya preferred the privacy of my room due to the type of conversations we usually had.

I was at first hesitant since my room was still a disaster - but Ayla was used to seeing be at my best and worse - my clean room and my messy room - and she still loved me all the same. I was so thankful to have that kind of friend.

So, I pulled together all the yummy junk food snacks I could find: Doritos, Oreos, Sun Chips, Gummy Bears, chocolate covered pretzels, cheese cubes, and of course anything I could sneak from the bakery.

For beverages, I pulled together Coke, Fanta, and Dr. Pepper. Heck, I was so happy I was already on my third Dr. Pepper and second Coke. As a result, I was on a caffeine high and had never felt more alive!

Alya was more of a Fanta type of woman - though I thought it tasted gross and too citrusy...one sip and it took me back to my kiss with Chat Noir. No. That kiss was something I tried to block out of memory because it made me blush. So, I banned myself from Fanta, oranges, and clementines. But how could a girl ever truly forget her first kiss despite her efforts?

It got me wondering: what would Felix's kiss taste like? Vanilla? Sugar? Cinnamon? Maybe even citrus? I wasn't sure why, but I imagined it would taste sweet and I would forever be addicted.

I let out a wild yelp as I buried my face in a fluffy pink pillow and flared my hands in the air as if my body had been electrocuted.

Alya, who was lounging across the side of my bed, instantly sat up, startled by my outburst.

"You really are possessed!" Alya exclaimed, throwing a pillowing at my head, ruffling my hair.

"I told you!" I said, smoothing my bangs.

"I'm not sure it's something to be proud of."

And just like that, Alya had thrown a wet blanket over our playful banter. She was being serious. So, I waited for her to explain.

"I mean, it kind of feels like it came out of no where. On day one, you told me you hated him and now a few months later you love him?" Alya said, in a soft tone.

"I agree that I've been acting a little crazy, but..."

"- Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy you're going to galla. I just don't want you to develop an unhealthy attachment to him. He's not worth your sanity."

"I'm not! I know it all feels sudden but from my perspective it's not! It was so natural."

She sighed, her shoulders dipping.

"Does he feel the same way?" She asked, her eyes narrowing on me in concern.

"Not yet! But he will soon," I offered her a wide smile.